No announcement yet.

Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Wii U gamepad. It fits awesomely in my giant man hands.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

For a portable console seemingly dependent on removable wireless controllers (unless you only want to play it in full tablet mode)... aren't those things always going to be out of battery? And if the system itself charges them when they are slapped on the sides, how does that work?

So I'm on a plane gaming, drain the controllers playing wirelessly, now i reattach them to the main system (which is already drained from playing games) and now its going to drain the system battery even faster while it recharges the controllers?
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Because Nintendo Trejo.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm not watching the press conference but the gifs I saw of the Mario game look super bizarre/awesome.

Comment

Mario looks awesome but sooooooooooo wrong. I want a Switch, but at launch there's Zelda...and that minigame collection? I can wait until like Splatoon 2 is out.

Comment

Oh and that Project Octopath or whatever? I want that shit right now.

Comment

yep. Goddammit Nintendo. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

The gimmicky controller won't be used in more than a handful of games. GUARANTEED. "oooh the controller feels like 3 ice cubes are in there. HD RUMBLE"

Mario pulling a Sonic has me weary BUT at least the pedigree is there. I'll hold off judgement until reviews. Zelda has sucked since WW and while that trailer was indeed awesome, not a system seller for me. Once Mario/Splatoon 2 hits I'll be on board.

That being said, I'm a goddamn battered housewife/fanboy for Nintendo so who know what'll happen by March but that presentation didn't do much for me. I just want confirmation that I can transfer all of my fucking VC titles and NOT have to rebuy them. Also, that controller is TINY as fuck and gives me pause.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

also, they need to confirm that "free game to play for a month" as a bonus. If it's free and you keep it for a month yay! If it's like Steam's free weekends? GTFO NINTENDO GODDAMMIT.

Comment

the boxing game looks kind of neat but again, I want to see legit gameplay and hear from people who aren't from nintendo on what it's like. If it's not a waggle fest then this has the potential to be amazing.

Comment

the fact that 1-2 Switch shit isn't a pack in is mind boggling.

Comment

This thing is just so wierd. The resolution drops when you play it out of the dock (and reports the GPU is up to 40% slower), apparently the Zelda game takes up almost 50% of the built-in storage, and only has the battery life of a DS?
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Yeah. It's the first product that after seeing the presentation honestly didn't do anything for me. I mean, I want to buy it at some point because I fucking love Mario and Splatoon but probably not at launch.

Comment

also the fact the joy con shit is 70 bucks and the pro controller is like 90? What the fuck nintendo?

Comment

Also, I can just buy Zelda for the Wii U and be fine. So that kills and sort of DAY ONE purchase of the Switch for me. They need to figure out how to release a goddamn system with Mario day one.

Comment

Also, this "CONNECT 8 SWITCHES FOR ULTIMATE SWITCH ZORD" shit just makes me realize that I don't even have 8 friends in person who would A: Own a switch and 2: Want to get together to do this.

It's that kind of shit that makes me feel really fucking old.

Comment

Working...
                                X