'When Harry Met Sally' AKA the ROMCOM/CHICK FLICK Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    You Michael Keaton fans need to see 'Clean and Sober'. You'll gain a new respect for the man and his talents.
    I've seen a bit of that in high school. I should have finished it.

Also, his first film "Night Shift"? Classic.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
      Once isn't a romcom, though is it?
      It definitely wouldn't belong in the same camp as Four Weddings..., Love, Actually and the like, so it isn't most people's idea of a "Rom-Com" Rom-Com, but it's romantic and often very funny so I thought it was worth including.

Originally posted by ben thomas
      Annie Hall may well be the "better" film, but I still think When Harry Met Sally is the better romcom and nothing anyone can say will change that.
      It absolutely fits the genre label better. I don't think there's any doubt Annie Hall's the better film, though.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

You Michael Keaton fans need to see 'Clean and Sober'. You'll gain a new respect for the man and his talents.
        Never seen it. I need to see if its on instant.

Right now I am rewatching Night Shift. One of my secret favorite movies from when I was in high school.

Comment

Personally, I think it's Ron Howard's best movie.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
            LOVE Michael Keaton! Love love love!
            The Keaton Factor elevates Pacific Heights to levels it probably doesn't deserve to reach.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

'Night Shift' is great.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Keaton absolutely kills in Night Shift.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  The Keaton Factor elevates Pacific Heights to levels it probably doesn't deserve to reach.
                  He was a great bad guy in that movie! I had forgotten about that one.

Comment

I want to watch Mr. Mom now.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I want to watch Mr. Mom now.
                      The Woobie!

Comment

Ah yes, Pacific Heights. When your landlord/tenant dispute gets really out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                          He was a great bad guy in that movie! I had forgotten about that one.
                          I love that, in between donning the Cape and Cowl, Keats was menacing onscreen neighbours for our amusement. Would they let that kind of thing fly now? Maybe, or maybe they'd have had him signed up fighting Machines in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Comment

I also really liked 'The Dream Team'. I'm under no delusions that it's a classic or anything, but it has some solid laughs from everyone involved.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I also really liked 'The Dream Team'. I'm under no delusions that it's a classic or anything, but it has some solid laughs from everyone involved.
                              It's not a classic? One of my favorite films growing up. Saw it probably two years ago and I still laughed my ass off.

Comment

Peter Boyle is a scream in it, and Christopher Lloyd has a really, really sweet character moment when he meets his wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X