This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiam, what are your thoughts on Jidenna? #Curious
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So I got a record player for Xmas, where can I pick up quality vinyl for a decent price? I don't care if they're reissues so long as the sound is quality. I'm not rich enough for collector type shit, just want to listen to some vinyl in my down time.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        So I got a record player for Xmas, where can I pick up quality vinyl for a decent price? I don't care if they're reissues so long as the sound is quality. I'm not rich enough for collector type shit, just want to listen to some vinyl in my down time.
        Vinal Edge in the heights if you ever make it that way.

Comment

• I usually use Amazon and Soundstage Direct. Discogs is basically vinyl eBay and you can find deals there sometimes. The big thing is that a fair number of reissues are just CDs pressed to vinyl to make a cheap buck so watch for that.

What kind of table did you get? I got an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge for Christmas. It was a pain in the dick to rebalance my table but man it sounds goooood. Luke Cage will punch you in the chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Vinal Edge in the heights if you ever make it that way.
            Will do.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            I usually use Amazon and Soundstage Direct. Discogs is basically vinyl eBay and you can find deals there sometimes. The big thing is that a fair number of reissues are just CDs pressed to vinyl to make a cheap buck so watch for that.

What kind of table did you get? I got an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge for Christmas. It was a pain in the dick to rebalance my table but man it sounds goooood. Luke Cage will punch you in the chest.
            It's nothing fancy in regards to the table but it's something to start with. How can you tell if a reissue is just CD pressed to vinyl? On a label or something?

Comment

• Usually you have to nerd it up and look for pressing information online. Discogs is good for that, too. For example, I guess Geffen's "Back to Black" line of reissues is mostly not very good. I haven't picked up any, personally, so I can't say.

Comment

• Gotcha. I just want to make my kids feel weird about some old shit they have no idea about mostly AND it's an excuse for everyone to leave me the fuck alone for at least one album length from time to time.

Comment

• Haha, the ritual/alone time is he same reason I got into it. There's something relaxing about putting on a record and sitting for an hour.

Comment

• Ordered Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Vinyl Edition Soundtrack/score because why the fuck not? It's a start and it'll give me plenty of quiet time next Friday.

Comment

• Listening to a bunch of '80s bands, mostly Berlin, 'cause Teri Nunn is all that and two bags of chips.

Also, Rob, if you ain't playing your keyboards and dancing like any of the guys in this video, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        Ordered Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Vinyl Edition Soundtrack/score because why the fuck not? It's a start and it'll give me plenty of quiet time next Friday.
                        This shit was amazing. Felt good to revel in my oldness.

Comment

• My kids and I loves that soundtrack so much.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I got the combo soundtrack/score and it is quite nice.

Comment

• Late to the Party: Ghost B.C. is my fucking jam.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• YEESSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                                X