THE "OMG I AM BUILDING A NEW COMPUTER" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE "OMG I AM BUILDING A NEW COMPUTER" Thread

It's been a few years since I last built my current rig (about 5 or so) and it's been slowly dying and causing issues when streaming/editing so it's time to build a new one.

I had originally set a budget for 1200 for myself, but I went a bit over but not by much.

Hopefully this is what I'll have in my hands in a few weeks.

I feel as if this isn't a terrible build but also not high end. From all reports this should run most games at ultra with decent FPS and should assist in our streaming/editing as well.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Only a 250GB SSD? I would recommend getting a big ass hybrid drive. Or a very small SSD for the OS and a big ass 2TB HDD or Hybrid for actual storage. You also probably save some money going i5 without losing performance. Otherwise, looks really nice.

Comment

Yeah, the storage is wack.

WACK, DAWG.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I have like 4 other HD's just laying around. The 250gb SSD is for the OS and our recording/editing stuff. More than enough storage.
        I would lose performance for livestreaming with the i5.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Somebody's ginger ass just got served and I know it wasn't mine.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

haha. He's not wrong but with how I plan on using it, saving 100 bucks isn't worth the hit in performance with what I have planned for BDRcade going forward.

Comment

Oh I know. I just thought it sounded funny.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                Somebody's ginger ass just got served and I know it wasn't mine.
                Well you can overclock an i5, but not the i7, and get better performance. That's why I mentioned it.

Comment

But I don't tend to overclock but yeah. I just ordered the pieces. Should all be here within a week. Fuck. Yeah.

Comment

Fuck an overclock. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!

Comment

I WAS JUST BRINGING UP OPTIONS GUYS GEEEEEEEEZ

Comment

MY COMPUTER AND EXTERNAL SHIT I BOUGHT IS GONNA BE AWESOME.

Comment

BUT ROB WHAT ABOUT THE OPTIONZ?!?!?

Comment

first three parts have shown up. SSD/Mobo/Chip. Monday I should get my case, powersupply, and ram. Then I have to wait like a week to get my graphics card. Hoping that comes in earlier than later so I can put this fucker together next weekend and see if the show quality is enhanced.

Comment

I just need a part that makes Win7 stable. This fucker acts up like three times a year out of the blue and I have to do a restore point from earlier every fucking time even though I didn't download or install anything new.

Comment

Working...
                              X