No announcement yet.

Cooking Tips and Tricks Megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, cover it with salt for an hour, rinse it, pat it dry, then cook it?
    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yep. And seriously, like COVER IT with salt. I also add some other spices in the mix. All of our steaks turn out awesome this way. I refuse to make a steak unless done in this fashion now. Nate can back me up on this.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I've used this technique also.

IT'S BRILLIANT!
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Yep. And seriously, like COVER IT with salt. I also add some other spices in the mix. All of our steaks turn out awesome this way. I refuse to make a steak unless done in this fashion now. Nate can back me up on this.
          Silly question, after you rinse it off and pat it dry, how salty does the steak taste when it's cooked? I ask, not for myself, as I adore salty foods, but my missus, you see, she's a tad sensitive to them.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Not at all. That's what most people are afraid of. I can't say anyone that has had a steak this way has complained about it tasting too salty. Again, don’t worry about all that salt. Only a bit of it gets absorbed into the meat. Most of it gets washed down the drain when you rinse off.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Cover with salt on both sides?

Must try.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

So, when performing DEATH BY SALT do you spice before salting? Or just mix it in with the salt in a bowl then drown the steak?

Comment

I just put a bit of salt down first, then some spices then MORE SALT. So long as the salt content is 100:1 you'll be fine.

Comment

Yeah, but since you rince everything, you'll lose the spices?

Comment

Shockingly you still taste the spices.

Comment

Shockingly you still taste the spices.
                        AND HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

REP THIS FUCKER PLZ.

Comment

Repped, Martin!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...s_foo.php#more

Does and Don'ts of Texas food. I agree except no sweet tea. Really? Any Texan that doesn't like the spoon to stand up in their tea is fucking suspect.

Comment

Oven Fried Chicken. When you want some tasty chicken, but don't want to bother frying, or just having a bit healthier meal, get some of the Kraft Oven Fry stuff. But don't follow those bullshit instructions. Fuck an egg. Put some ranch dressing in a bowl, dry the chicken off, dip it into the ranch, then into the oven fry. SO GOOD.

Comment

Working...
                                X