No announcement yet.

I want this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Saw that on the face of book and thought it was pretty rad but I'd end up stabbing it one night whilst getting a late night snack.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-U8hK5MtktI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• dude...yes
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I want one and I don't even need a wheelchair.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cjp1xjOzJqY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PYWvc6LZy1s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• The Joule. I've wanted to dip my foot into sous vide
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I have the Anova since 2 years, and it's a great toy. Slightly cheaper (I got it for 150). Sous vide Steak is the fucking bomb. I guess Chefsteps, considering their reputation, are gonna sell something good.

Mine doesn't have wifi, but it has Bluetooth, and really, I either cook for 1 hour (steaks, chicken breasts) or 12-24 hours (roasts, ribs)

And the roasts it does? Geez...
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I've never tried it before. The price is a bit steep but the reputation seems like it's not a waste.

Comment

• Check out the Anova too if you see a sale.

Kenji did a review, and the Anova and Sansaire got great reviews. And he's on the Anova team now.

And since you seem to like The Food Lab, well, you're in for treat since Kenji is into sous-vide a lot. A good guide for it.

Comment

• cool, yeah that looks pretty much like the one I linked but cheaper.

Hmmmmms. Now to decide.

Comment

• I'd say wait a bit and sign up for their newsletter, as they have sales and/or codes.

Also, I bought a plastic container to cook in it, after like a year of putting the stuff in my metal pots. I can left it on the counter (the metal pot becomes HOT!). 20$.... ludicrous....

Also, I already had a food saver, so there's that, but you can easily manage without. I can take the sous vide bag, let it dip in the water, and strap it on the side with paper binders. Easy.

Comment

• like from what I've read I'd be fine with ziploc bags right?

Comment

• Yeah. Ziploc says no (for legal reasons, I think), but I doubt it. Just use heavy duty ones, or get sous vide bags. Just not the sandwich ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X