No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading Patient Zero. And yes there are zombies in it. haha.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
      Side note on WoT. In years past, I would re-read the last 2 or so before starting the new one (refresher). I didn't this time and was able to jump right into the book. Startling. So basically I'm saying if you haven't picked up the last few and wanted to start fresh then this is a good starting point as things are actually happening. Definite plot moving forward and issues getting resolved.

I think I read the 1st book ages ago.

And Rob, zombies are everywhere now. Even in Harlequin books.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Reading Russ Meyers' bio at the moment.

It is fucking great, and a hoot to boot.

Man sure loved tits.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Man sure loved tits.
          Most painfully obvious statement ever? I think so.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sure is/was/will be for the remaining 300 or so pages.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Middlesex got kinda boring. Cracked Paul Auster's New York Trilogy and can't put that shit down. Unfortunately I have life-related things to do that I'm now putting off to read this.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Tandem reading the last of Russ Meyer's bio and the second Parker novel, The Man with the Getaway Face.

Both rewarding in different ways, featuring different kinds of bastards, each of which are likable.

Them basterds...
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I really wanna read that Meyer biography now.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

In the midst of The Things They Carried. Really well written compilation of short stories about Vietnam. Next up: The Help.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Mencken's Chrestomathy.

I have found my misanthropic twin. And he is much more verbose than I could ever hope to be.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Gonna finish Power of the Dog by Don Winslow this weekend before Cameron Hughes kills me - to be fair it's a fantastic book and I'll listen to Cameron's crime fiction recommendations all day long (and Rath, too, but he's a poopyhead who doesn't post here anymore because he's too busy living it up in NYC), but I haven't had much reading time this week at all.

Then I have Kazuo Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go" and Joe Lansdale's "A Fine Dark Line", which is another Cameron recommendation.

~

Comment

*irony in this post. I haz it.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go" isn't grabbing me (hurr) so I'm gonna take that shit back. Grabbed Franzen's "The Corrections, a collection of short stories by Dorothy Parker, James Lee Burke's "Tin Roof Blowdown", and Anne Enright's "Yesterday's Weather".

~

Comment

Currently reading Nudge by Cass Sunnestein and Richard Thaler.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

So Martin. Grabbed a book from the shelf on the way to work and didn't pay attention to what I picked. DoD. Figured, what the hell, I'll read the opening at lunch. Goddamnit. Hooked already.
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X