Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love pork fried rice so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
      Pork fried rice. Very yummy, but labor intensive
      Recipe plz
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Simple" Pork Fried Rice

8 oz. boneless country-style ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
        4 tsp soy sauce
        1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
        1 tsp cornstarch
        1/4 tsp baking soda
        2 Tbsp oyster sauce
        1 Tbsp dry sherry(I used Chardonnay)
        1 Tbsp ketchup
        1 tsp salt
        1/4 tsp pepper
        2 cups long grain white rice
        2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil*
        2 eggs, lightly beaten
        6 scallions, white and green parts separated and sliced thin**
        2 garlic cloves, minced
        1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed

1. Combine pork, 2 tsp soy sauce, sugar, cornstarchand baking soda in a bowl. Let sit for at least 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to an hour. In a separate bowl, combine oyster sauce, sherry, ketchup, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tsp of soy sauce; set aside.
        2. Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through and tender, about 12 minutes. Drain rice into a fine meshed strainer or colander.
        3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add pork in a single layer and cook, without stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes. Stir pork and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until dark brown on all sides, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate with paper towel to absorb some grease.
        4. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in now empty skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add eggs and stir with a rubber spatula until set but still wet, about 15 seconds. Push eggs to one side of skillet. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil, scallion whites, and garlic to empty side cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
        5. Add rice and stir to break up clumps and large egg curds. Cook until rice begins to sizzle and pop loudly, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas, sauce mixture, pork and scallion greens and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly combined, about 2 minute. Serve.

*I used one tablespoon and the pork was so fatty that that's all I needed, but use your judgement.
        **6 scallions was fucking OVERKILL. You could probably get away with 3, at least for the greens.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yeahhhhhhh
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• made some awesome spicy hoisin turkey meatballs with brown rice and zucchini last night. So good.

Comment

• Made a paleo skillet and some paleo cookies for dessert. yes, I'm back on that wagon.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Making some bacon cheeseburgers for Ceej and I tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Making some bacon cheeseburgers for Ceej and I tonight
                  DATE NIGHT!!!!!
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Bacon Cheeseburgers = somebody gonna put out tonight. Or fight the hot chick from Kingsman. Which ever.

Comment

• grilled some ribeyes last night and had some sweet corn on the side. WITH JALAPENO FRITOS. OH GOD, THEY ARE SO GOOD.

Comment

• had this amazing blue apron meal last night. Some sort of Persian chicken with a yogurt sauce over a bed of crispy rice.

so goddamn good goddamn.

Comment

had this amazing blue apron meal last night. Some sort of Persian chicken with a yogurt sauce over a bed of crispy rice.

so goddamn good goddamn.
                          made this again last night. fuck man, it's so good.

Comment

made this again last night. fuck man, it's so good.
                            Any chance us mere mortals(those without a meal delivery service) can get the recipe?
                            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• i posted it in the recipe thread Ingrid.

Last night I made some thick ass strip steaks sous vide style for 2 hours at 128 degrees and then seared for 30 secs on each side on a 700 degree grill.

paired it with some bomb ass sweet corn.

fuck yeah man.

Comment

• Have you tried sous vide corn? I just sous vide some carrots. Goddamn.

Also, sous vide ribs are the best ones I ever had. I finish them on the grill with smoke and all.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X