Dolls or Action Figures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    So if a girl is into all the action figures you are does that make them dolls?
    Nope, because it's not whether a boy or girl plays with the toy, it's WHO the target audience is for said toy.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

All of these definitions are so redonk.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        All of these definitions are so redonk.
        It's all I think about, well at least during the times when I'm not sleeping with Mila Kunis.

Comment

Lulz. Just know when you're banging Kunis, I'm drilling the Portman.
          Last edited by B_Metal; 03-29-2012, 11:12 AM. Reason: DONT EDIT MY SHIT ABUSIVE MOD!!!!!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You would drill the Clooney.

Comment

You would let the Clooney drill you.

Comment

From The Book of Ari, Chapter 1, Verse 1:

And lo, in the beginning, there were dolls. Little girls were happy, and all was good. The boys, however, cried "and what of us? Must we use mere Ken dolls to re-enact episodes of Combat and Rat Patrol? Say it not be so!"

In reponse to the cries of boydom, G.I. Joe, the first "action figure", so named because Hasbro's marketing felt little boys wouldn't play with "dolls", appeared. 12 inches tall, with removable cloth clothing, weapons, playsets, vehicles. Little boys saw this, and all was fuckin' good.

Hasbro, then spake to it's brethren, Takara, who did distribute G.I. Joe in Japan. Takara the ran with it, creating the Henshin Cyborg line (translucent G.I. Joe body with gears and doodads embedded therein. This begat the series called Microman (Micronauts for us Occidentals), which begat Diaclone, which begat imitators, which did become the Transformers and Go-Bots when they arrived in the West. Also, did G.I. Joe become Action Man in Europe.

Then cometh the imitators. For, lo, in the 70's there was an oil crisis, therupon plastic was in short supply. Therefore, action figures became smaller. Prime amongst these smaller sons of G.I. Joe, came Action Jackson, from Mego, which begat several lines of action figures, first and foremost among these be the World's Greatest Super-Heroes, Planet of the Apes, Star Trek, Dukes of Hazarrd, Happy Days, World's Greatest Monsters, Cowboys, Knights, Robin Hood and his Merry Men, Super Pirates, and so on.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

That brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

Speaking of things that make one cry, why did scott leave BDR?*

*I didn't really cry, I have allergies.

Comment

I had no idea he left here.

Comment

He hasn't posted probably in over a year.

Comment

He's just spending quality time with his girls. Plus, he got his hands blown off in an accident involving a hippo, C4, and one of those yo-yo's that light up.

Comment

Scott turned into Mr. Mom and is too cool for school with a pool.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ahhhh, it's cool. I still correspond with him via kicking his ass on FB in Words with Friends. Lulz

Comment

Working...
                              X