TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    I have Umbrella Academy, vol.1 of Chew, House of Mystery volume 1, the last couple of Fables trades, Red Son and Daredevil: Yellow coming soon.

I wonder what I should crack open first?

Red Son, then Chew, then Umbrella and everything else is toilet reading. Yellow is good, but it pales when compared to Blue and Gray. Blue is so fucked on a subtextual label that has given me a year's worth of fuel.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I picked up Yellow mostly out of the discussion over at Sale's forum about the art.

I am an unapologetic comicfag for Sale art.

Spidey: Computer Blue and Hulk: Gray are also on their way. I thought I'd typed those on the list too. HUGE brain fart.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <3 Chew.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I WANT NEW LOCKE AND KEY ARHGHGHGHGH
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
            Blue is so fucked on a subtextual label that has given me a year's worth of fuel.
            Loved Blue, but the way they played the MJ stuff at the end... geez, Pete, let it go already, will ya?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
              Blue is so fucked on a subtextual level that has given me a year's worth of fuel.
              Can't wait to dive on the Gwen-shaped grenade.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                Can't wait to dive on the Gwen-shaped grenade.

I'll take the hit and jump on the MJ grenade. Anything to keep all y'all safe, 'cause I love you lot.

Comment

• That's the plainest Gwen I've ever seen.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Finally tracked down Runaways TPB 4 this weekend. Huh. Shit got weird quick.

Comment

• Really want to read those.

Comment

• I don't know if I like it now. I really dug the first 3, but 4 seemed off. I'm in the middle of 5 right now and it's fun but I hope some shit starts to happen again like in the first 3. The stuff with the
                          Spoiler: spoilers 
                        Gibborim was what I was really into. Now it's about some human cyborg that Ultron made or some shit and a bunch of stupid superheroes that I don't give a fuck about.

Comment

• Old Man Logan.

Probably Steve McNiven's finest hour.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Thwipster has daily deals on TPBs, if you're interested in saving monies. I've seen Chew, and Walking Dead 1-3.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Silver Surfer: Requiem

A simple, beautiful, final story about one of the coolest characters to come out of Marvel.

Even if you only have cursory knowledge of Norrin Radd, it's still a great read written with a real love of the character.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-30-2011, 10:31 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                                I don't know if I like it now. I really dug the first 3, but 4 seemed off. I'm in the middle of 5 right now and it's fun but I hope some shit starts to happen again like in the first 3. The stuff with the
                                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                                Gibborim was what I was really into. Now it's about some human cyborg that Ultron made or some shit and a bunch of stupid superheroes that I don't give a fuck about.

So far TPB 4 seems to be the only misfire IMO. 5 and 6 had some great "OH SNAP!" moments. Really digging it and only feeling slightly stupid for enjoying books that are made for 10 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                                X