Wolverine and the X-Men #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine and the X-Men #1

The best single issue X-comic of the last decade. Best thing since Morrison left.

Best team line-up in the last 20 years. Why did it take this long to get Jesse Aaron on this book?

Also, nerd Brood mutant is my new favorite.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Just re-read it. I actually love the X-Men again.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Best team line-up in the last 20 years. Why did it take this long to get Jesse Aaron on this book?
      There was Scalped and the awesome Ghost Rider run to do first.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
        There was Scalped and the awesome Ghost Rider run to do first.

I don't care. I would burn both of those books to have made this happen faster. Fuck, this was an impressive debut.

Comment

Issue 2 came out this week.

One of the best mainstream comics on the market right now.

Comment

What's different about this version?
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              What's different about this version?

Wolverine got tired of Cyclops's shit and decided to restart the school in Jean Grey's memory.

Basically, Wolverine is tired of marching kids to their death for the greater good.

So, he's taking on mutants of all species, races and variations and trying to teach them how to cope.

Wolverine and Kitty Pryde are co-headmasters, while the school is a living tech entity designed by the Beast. Iceman, Rachel Grey, Husk, Cannonball, Gambit and a few others work as teachers.

All the while, a new Hellfire Club led by spoiled rich kids with Hit-Girl style mentalities are trying to murder them for sport. When they failed in the first issue, they decided to turn the county superintendent into a Wendigo and push her to eat Wolverine.

When that fails, they activate a Krakoa spore under the School and try to make the Earth come alive and swallow the school whole.

Comment

Wow. Jean Grey's dead. Again.
                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                  Wow. Jean Grey's dead. Again.

Jean Grey's been dead for nearly a decade now. Shit's a moot point. Bringing that up as a point is like arguing over the shoe color of X-Wing pilots.

The whole thrust of the story is that Cyclops believes that any mutant is a soldier in his war to save mutantkind. Wolverine believes that mutants should be taught how to function and live. What they do with their powers beyond that point is up to them.

Going back to your initial insight about Jean Grey. Jean Grey didn't really die in a manner of speaking. She killed herself to evolve. As she learned upon her last time dying, she's not really coming back as the same person everytime. She's getting stronger and stronger and stronger. When she died in 2003/04, she merged with the White Hot Room. The White Hot Room being what she dubbed the all-consuming energy that powers the universe. Sort of like a spot in existence that generated the Big Bang.

She gave her mind to it and let her body die. Will she be back? Probably, but it's a motif.

Correction.

It's a motif in a monthly serial. If you can't understand that, then one of the key points of mainstream comics is lost on you.

Comment

Easy, tiger.
                    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

I like Cyke.

He's actually got a personality now. Oh, what twenty years will do in a serialized narrative.

(Browsing some of the stuff that landed on the free table after finals, I read a recent Schism-tastic ish with the caveman symbolism bullshit parallel storytelling during the recruitment. Who the fuck decided that was a good idea?)
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-26-2011, 07:20 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Issue 3 is out now. First storyline ended.

OH MY ZOWIE FOUR-COLORED GOD I LOVE THIS BOOK! So fucking good. Just so fucking good all around. Pick up the first three issues now.

I'm now a Jesse Aaron superfan.

Comment

12 hours later and I still have to say that this is the best version of the X-Men since Morrison left.

All the while, it's still its own thing. What makes it so great is that the sense of evolution is there.

Comment

Worship Jason Aaron. He is the goods.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
                              Worship Jason Aaron. He is the goods.

He is blending the best of Claremont, the best of Morrison and doing his own thing.

Plus, he's realized how to properly use Iceman for the first time ever.

Plus, he created Broo. Broo is the best X-Character since Doop. Guess what? DOOP just joined the book.

I love DOOP. I love Broo. I love the Son of Krakoa joining the team. I just love the fact that someone's embracing the truly batshit nature of mutants and making it work.

Fuck, I love the Daredevil cameo and the fuck you nature of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X