Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually kind of interested in this now.

Comment

This announcement isn't really doing it for me, and it could be because I wasn't that thrilled with the last X-Men flick or the Wolverine movie.

More power to 'em, but at this point, I'm waiting for the DVD or for it to hit cable.

Comment

I keep seeing X3 on FX when working out and godammit, there is a decent movie in there somewhere.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rerb View Post
          I keep seeing X3 on FX when working out and godammit, there is a decent movie in there somewhere.
          Yeah, I don't get the HATRED for it. It's not great by any means, but what works in it WORKS. Sure, it could have been better...even GREAT...in the hands of a better filmaker, but it's not terrible.

'XO: Wolverine' is garbage, though.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

It's a period piece now because the script had to get rewrote and Bryan Singer is going more hands-on with it. No care given to making sense. Fuck, it's going to make Wolverine's solo flick look more out of place than ever.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Yeah, I don't get the HATRED for it. It's not great by any means, but what works in it WORKS. Sure, it could have been better...even GREAT...in the hands of a better filmaker, but it's not terrible.

'XO: Wolverine' is garbage, though.
              It needed another five or six drafts.

Both X3 and Rip Van Logan needed polish, and instead both were rushed piles of incoherence. I think Ratner did about as well as any hired gun could with all of the hoops he had to jump through for Fox.

Either way, I've met homeless drunks who've made more sense than the past few Derp Men movies.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

X3 was a total rush job, doesn't matter who the director would have been.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  X3 was a total rush job, doesn't matter who the director would have been.

X3 was a rush job because Vaughn bailed on it so close to production start. It speaks a lot of FOX that they didn't turn around and sue the fuck out of him. Much less hiring him back for the prequel.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

The last two flicks being rush jobs probably is what did it for my dislike of both films. Also, I'm pretty much burnt out on anything X-related, as my growing anticipation for Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers becomes overwhelming.

Comment

Hmms.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It looks like a Victoria Secrets model wandered into the shot once she heard the camera click...

Comment

About the only thing I can tell from that tiny photo is what I already knew- January Jones ain't ugly.

Comment

FOX has pretty much told sites today and from now on. They're going to control future leaks and word of mouth. Phrased exactly.

So, when you see more pics and clips leaked in the future. Jump on them, since FOX is going to use legal to try and stop anything from staying up.

Comment

Looks like we're never getting Cable in on the fleep floop flippity fun.

WHERE IS APOCALYPSE?

FRANCHISE OVER

/fatnerdwithsexymantits
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Magneto looks like he belongs in a screamo band

Comment

Working...
                                X