No announcement yet.

They Don't Make It Anymore. . . Defunct Foods You Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking CHEEZ BALLS, Cheez-it Buffalo Wings and Ranch Cheez sticks, DUNKAROOS, Ecto Cooler, Take 5 Peanut Butter...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
      I miss a lot of local stuff from back in Atlantic City. If you're from NJ and/or Philly (I'm looking at you, Tim and Iggy!) - I miss Tasty Kakes (this awesome brand of cookies and cupcakes out of Philadelphia)!
      Originally posted by ingrid View Post
      MMMM, I do miss the Krimpets. I used to live out there and now two of my sisters live on the east coast, so whenever they come to visit I make them bring me Tasty Kakes. Nathan doesn't get it. You can buy them online, but you have to buy by the case. So unless you have a very large freezer, it's a no go.
      MMMM!!!

The double stuffed Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes are sublime...

I may just eat the whole box!

:P

Comment

GODDAMN CRYSTAL PEPSI.

I drank that shit by the gallon as a kid. I loved it. I found an old sealed can of it a few years ago when moving, and I was tempted to crack it open.

Steak finger basket at Sonic. Sonic made the best damn chicken fried steak basket. Delicious. Then they just stopped serving it. Only the chicken basket now. I can taste those tiny chicken fried steak morsels now.

Comment

Monterrey Jack Cheese Doritos. *sniff*

This thread makes me sad.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
            MMMM, I do miss the Krimpets. I used to live out there and now two of my sisters live on the east coast, so whenever they come to visit I make them bring me Tasty Kakes. Nathan doesn't get it. You can buy them online, but you have to buy by the case. So unless you have a very large freezer, it's a no go.
            Girl, you're from my neck of the woods! I know, we've been shut out of the krimpet goodness. And here's the thing - you can't really freeze them, because it changes them. The spongecake part gets mushy after it thaws, and the butterscotch frosting gets all runny. They're wrecked after the freezer, you have to find them fresh.

Originally posted by Zoolander View Post
            The double stuffed Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes are sublime...

I may just eat the whole box!
            Vin, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting you're a Philly boy! My brother loved the peanut butter kandy cakes! He would eat a whole pack of them in two seconds when my mom would bring them home.

I'm embarrassed to admit this - but the last time I had Butterscotch Krimpets was 2006 - my dad was in the hospital in Philly for heart surgery. So while we were sitting in the waiting area, waiting for him to come out, I went to the vending machines - and lo and behold! Butterscotch Krimpets behind the glass! I waste no time in buying a pack, and then, scooted back to my sister, all "Hey, look! Butterscotch Krimpets!" And then I immediately went, "Yeah, I know, I suck, I'm a bad daughter - dad's in surgery, and I'm all excited to find my favorite Tasty Kake." And she goes, "Yeah, but I'll take one anyway, I haven't had one of those in years." (And yes, Dad came through the surgery fine, so there wasn't a lot of residual guilt afterward.)
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

There were Keebler Pizza Flavored Chips that were fucking delicious...Agreed on Ecto Cooler...The McDonalds Cheese Danish and kids cookies...and above all:

Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

THOSE. I WANT THOSE FUCKING THINGS

ARHGHGHGHGGHHGGH SO MUCH LOVE

Comment

Wait...what...they don't make Cheez Balls anymore?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I ate those by the case as a kid! NOW I AM FURIOUS

Comment

WElcome to our sad world. You can get knock offs at like Sam's Club or Costco, but no Planter's. RAAAGGGEEEE

Comment

Slight derail - I don't know if anyone here besides me is a Judge Judy fan, but there was a case a couple of weeks ago where this idiot teenager got drunk and wrecked his friend's car - completely flipped it upside down onto its roof. Before getting behind the wheel compltely drunk, he took one of those giant sized barrel things of cheese balls, seat-belted it into the passenger side, got behind the wheel, and promptly flipped the car after taking off. So Judge Judy is taking testimony from the kid who owned the car, and they show pictures - the car is totaled of course. They're talking about the drunk kid's injuries, the other stuff he hit, etc. And then he says to her, "Just about the only thing that came out of the wreck okay were the cheese balls, M'aam - they were still strapped into the passenger seat, hanging upside down." That actually got a laugh out of her, which is hard to do.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

ALWAYS PROTECT THE CHEEZ BALLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                          WElcome to our sad world. You can get knock offs at like Sam's Club or Costco, but no Planter's. RAAAGGGEEEE
                          Neg rep for ruining my day. Ass.

Comment

Fact

Rob likes to have balls in his mouth......of the cheesy variety.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Fact: Ed is now soaking his balls in cheese batters.
                              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

FACT: Rob just threw up in his mouth a little

Comment

Working...
                                X