No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dig that Tag and Bink are canon again.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

I heard about this in passing last week, but didn't have any context. Still, it's indicative of how much Kathleen Kennedy loves his ass.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• this bodes well I would think for Ep 8...
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So hype for this.

Comment

• YES. Fuck off, Skywalkers, let's get some fresh blood up in here!

Comment

• Eh, pretty sure Episode 9 will put paid to the Skywalker stuff, so I can be patient until then. The new trilogy, I'm hoping, would pull elements from the 1313 concept from awhile back. Or, let's see some of the pre-Republic stuff - early Jedi and Sith battles, etc.

Comment

• RIAN + OLD REPUBLIC = OHHHH GAWWWD

Comment

•   Spoiler: Stepping away from current info gathering to return to an old favorite. 

I've been digging for info since Halloween due to my inability to really pay attention for the last few months.

The Rian Johnson thing is because Last Jedi fucking kills according to Disney folk. But, even most of them haven't got a chance to see it. Press invites are out, but only major metros have it locked down.

The trilogy will be Snoke era focused. Old Republic it isn't, but older than the Prequels.

What I know about The Last Jedi:

Luke and Rey training is almost 30 minutes of film. The quickest moving stuff is Leia and the Resistance. Most of that is Poe and the fighters covering the fleet to escape the onslaught of the mobile First Order fleet. Basically, they're going full blitzkrieg in retaliation for Starkiller Base.

Luke is Yoda-like, but it's not totally an act for him. He has kinda lost it while in isolation. Rey has Cave like visions but on a broader scale, she relives history ala Force Awakens, but in a sustained way.

Rey finds out how Luke fucked up with Kylo Ren and it angers her. That's all I got.

Meanwhile, the Resistance and First Order battle each other across multiple platforms due to resource need. The First Order lost most of their wealth and army when Starkiller Base went ka-boom. The Resistance lost the financial backing of the New Republic when the capital world went KABOOM.

So, teams are mining planets and taking what they need to keep the fight up. Hence, why the end up at Crate (red sand dust planet). Both sides need it to survive or they can't keep the fight up.

I can find nothing on what happens to Leia. But, Kylo finds Rey and Luke. They surrender to buy time for Leia and the Resistance. Chewie, Artoo and the Porgs have to escape solo (still getting confirm on this).

Luke and Rey tortured and attacked. Kylo approaches Rey with an offer. Become his apprentice and they'll kill Luke and Snoke together. Rey rejects, get the shit beat out of her Luke on Bespin style. Manages to escape.

Battle of Crate happens. Laura Dern takes over for Leia. Rey reunites with everyone.

From what I can piece together, Luke is left with Snoke on the mobile capital ship. Kylo is starting to turn, but in an ambiguous way.

STRONG INSINUATION PART:

Among those that can actually get leaks off this airtight ship, it seems that Snoke is way older than expected. I've heard the term Force Mummy. Basically, he was defeated a thousand years ago and then jettisoned into the Unknown Regions to rot. Due to the sheer number of worlds without intelligent life, it was thought to be a dead zone to contain him.

Shit was going great until Palpatine started sending in probes from his Observatories, as he wanted to map out all worlds. That prodding coupled with the sheer Force trauma of Order 66 caused Snoke to reawaken.

Palpatine always intended on meeting with Snoke, but died over Endor before such a thing was completed. Hence, his final orders to move what survives of the Empire into that region. Snoke would become their new master.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So, any firm word on THE LAST JEDI yet? Do we have any word on when reviews are going to start to hit?
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My screening is Dec 11th. Other than that, no idea.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BBSYnBBSiAk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• When are we going to start hearing reviews on this?
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Social Media embargo goes up Saturday night. So all the studio dick-suckers can run to twitter and nerdgasm that it's the best Star Wars film since Empire... after they said that about Rogue One last Christmas... and said that about The Force Awakens the Christmas before that... and said that about Revenge of the Sith the decade before that...
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I hope Luke kills everybody like Wonder Woman (complete with ice skating murderball sequence) then goes off to a robot fuck colony to celebrate the deaths of all of these idiots only to be crushed into a jedi sardine by a thousand pleasure droids that all look like Lobot.

It's how Windu would have wanted it.

After credit sequence: A CG Leia from A New Hope reaches into the fuckpile and pulls Luke out, telling him they have to go back to the future to save Chewbacca's half-Porg kids.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                When are we going to start hearing reviews on this?
                                Critic screenings aren't until the 11th. My wife again asks me to see it with her, so I get to skip out on a last minute trip to Cincy to see it early.

Comment

Working...
                                X