Google Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome

Google now has their own web browser called Chrome. I'm downloading it right now. I wonder if it will be as customizable as Firefox.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Hmmmms...I tried Opera for a while I didn't like it at all mostly...let me know what you think.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I'll be trying this out tonight when I get home hopefully.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I like it so far. Its interface is very minimal, just as you'd expect from Google. It loads very quickly. It works well so far and I've tested a couple pages that give Firefox some trouble and they work fine. I'd probably use it as my secondary browser for now. If it supports addons like Firefox though I could see that changing.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Testing it out now.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Any cool tips for Chrome? My Macbook Air has been running slow and hot as hell with Firefox, and I read that Chrome runs better on Mac. Hoping it makes a difference.

Comment

I use it exclusively now. No tips per se but goddamn it's so slick, sexy and easy to use.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Is there an extension similar to noscript?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Any cool tips for Chrome? My Macbook Air has been running slow and hot as hell with Firefox, and I read that Chrome runs better on Mac. Hoping it makes a difference.
                  I know this is three months old replying to this post, but did you ever wind up trying this, Billy? I LOVE Chrome! I have a MacBook Pro, and it runs so much better with Chrome than with any other browser. In fact, I downloaded it back in February when I started my classes, because our class website - where our grades and assignments were posted - didn't run well on a Mac. It barely showed up in Firefox, and didn't run that well in Safari. I downloaded Chrome, and had no problems - and I still use it as my main browser even though my class is done. I never even went back to Safari!
                  Last edited by Lisa; 09-05-2010, 10:23 AM.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Is there an extension similar to noscript?
                    Missed this before.

http://techie-buzz.com/browsers/disa...le-chrome.html

http://www.automationadventures.com/...on-for-chrome/
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I actually just recently gave up the ghost on Chrome. Adblock wasn't working well at all, and I was having issues getting it to block certain things. On other pages videos and stuff just wouldn't show at all. And I saw a pretty crappy performance drop compared to FF. I'm saving right now for a Macbook Pro, because my Air is getting up there and the specs are shit compared to what's new right now, and then I will give Chrome another run.

Comment

Wow, that's a shame! Well, give it another try once you switch to a MacBook Pro. It runs like a dream on mine.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Yea, I think the biggest issue for me was performance and that will be solved with an upgrade. If I continue to have issues with ads not blocking and certain elements being blocked on pages I'll probably pass on it again. I'm a Google whore, so it disappoints me that I'm not over the moon for it.

Comment

Making this the defacto Google thread. Google Instant? I like!

Comment

Still hate Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                              X