No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That and for Bobby and other residents of NI. Richard Gere's attempt at a Belfast accent must have been a laugh riot.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      My love for The Jackal is unapologetic. It's irresistibly 90's and words can't express the joy of one-man laugh factory Declan Mulqueen.
      Pretty much any Richard Gere performance is laugh (or cringe) inducing. Gerbil boy flat out CAN'T ACT.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

He's pretty good in American Gigolo.

Added bonus: Bill Duke has hair in it

Comment

STOP THE PRESSES! RICHARD GERE WAS 'PRETTY GOOD' IN A FILM.

PRETTY GOOD.

PRETTY GOOD would be acceptable for a summer stock theater performer. Gere was turned into 'leading man' material for no other reason than he was good looking. he's the male Andie McDowell: eye candy with no appreciable talent. To hell with him.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

But he's one hell of a Buddhist...

Comment

Hey, Travolta shouldn't have turned down Gigolo. If he hadn't, Gere wouldn't have been pegged as a leading man.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Travolta would have rocked in 'American Gigolo'.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Travolta would have rocked in 'American Gigolo'.
                  I guess his character really would have been ok with 'guy tricks'...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    Richard Gere's attempt at a Belfast accent must have been a laugh riot.
                    It's pure yucks material, but I do honestly like the film in and of itself. What can I say, I've got a weakness for time-stamped action flicks.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

It's certainly no 'Day of the Jackal', though. Now THAT was a film, by God!

Comment

It's certainly no 'Day of the Jackal', though.
                        Never actually seen it, which is pretty weird considering how much I enjoy the remake.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

The Jackal is too distracting for me, as it was mainly shot here in Montreal and I recognize nearly all the locations.

Gere's accent and Willis' hairdo are just icing on it.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Ben, how do you watch Valhalla Rising and not just drool all on ALL THAT IS MAN Mads Mikkelson!?
                            He's the main reason to watch so far. Not a single word spoken, but so much presence. Plus he's called One Eye.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            For those of you who have seen Valhalla Rising. You'll probably enjoy BRONSON. But it is a strange and kind of slow film. Tom Hardy is great and it features a great use of Pet Shop Boys.
                            Bronson is a really good performance and half a good film. By the 40 minute mark, it has said pretty much all its got to say. But yeah, its definitely worth a watch and the use Pet Shop Boys is great. Its just not as good as the similar Chopper.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Ben: a friend of mine absolutely ADORED 'The Road'. He's got pretty good taste in movies, so take that for what you will. I haven't seen it yet but I probably will.
                              I fucking loved The Road. It will put you in a funk after you watch it, but I dug the he'll outta it.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I fucking loved The Road. It will put you in a funk after you watch it, but I dug the he'll outta it.
                                LOL APPLE
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X