Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN State Fair/Renaissance Festival Food...on a stick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could handle the Ren Fest, Ed. The gastro 'cheese' factor isn't as high, and you can actually maintain a relatively healthy diet there if you want. The State Fair is right out, though.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

But who wants to eat healthy at a ren fest or fair? That misses the whole point.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The Ren Fest is healthier, though. There aren't any deep fried candy bars or similar shit. Cheese curds are about the worst thing that you can get there, and that's NOTHING compared to the deep friend goodness that the State Fair can offer you.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Truth. Most of my caloric intake is from the beer.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It's not even a healthy eating issue. I just can't eat a lot of grease. And if I do? You better hope to hell your plumbing is good.

BTW you folks do have churros right? Because I damn well know there are latinos in MN.
            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

yes, we have churros. I'm not a big cinnamon guy, so I don't eat them very often.

Comment

yeah, pass on those.

Goddammit, that fucking turkey leg up there is making me hate my lunch was a snickers bar haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                  yes, we have churros. I'm not a big cinnamon guy, so I don't eat them very often.
                  Not a cinnamon guy, eh?

*Gets out Voight-Kampf machine*

Have a seat, Judas.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                    Not a cinnamon guy, eh?

*Gets out Voight-Kampf machine*

Have a seat, Judas.
                    Let me tell you about my cinnamon.

BLAM!!!

Comment

Don't worry folks, I'm okay. So long as you don't unplug me.

Comment

The Ren Fest was AWESOME yesterday: the weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded. I pounded 3.5 Egyptian meads (I drank some of my wife's), had some scotch eggs, had a pulled pork sandwich, split a turkey leg, and bought waaaay too much jewelry on the wife unit.

The State Fair will happen this weekend.

Comment

Nice, we may go to the fair this weekend and next weekend the REN FEST! WOO!

Comment

Rob: A food recommendation for you - the food booth called the Roasted Boar (I think). If you enter at the main gate and go left right away, it's in the food zone that will eventually show up on your right hand side. They have a pig cooker outside of their booth so you really won't miss it. The pork sandwich ($4) smothered in BBQ sauce was CHOW. For $6, you get the sandwich with some beans and potato salad.

Comment

SOLD.

Comment

My wife and I got a sandwich and a platter ($10 total) and split the beans and potato salad. Had we not had the fish fry that night, we would have gotten the same thing again right before leaving the Fest. We didn't even bother with our usual Greek platter because of this sandwich, it was THAT good.

Comment

Working...
                                X