No announcement yet.

D&D 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww yeah, starting our campaign tonight. Ceej is DM. Should be a good time.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I wish portals were real so I can go through mine and come out yours and play with you guys while drinking many a beer then go through yours and come out mine and go sleeps.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

You'll buy me dinner before you go in and out of my portals, I'm old fashioned like that.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Last night Ceej and I along with some friends decided to get drunk and start a D&D campaign. No one but us had ever really played so it was a basic startup to just learn the rules. We started by being tied up in a the corner of a room not knowing the people we were with, being unmasked by a sketchy looking dude and then we learned that the guy who kidnapped us (Hocken) totally fucked up and grabbed the wrong people (he was supposed to grab nobles for a ransom but instead grabbed a elf wizard, a rogue halfing, a fucking goliath giant, and a human ranger). My brother, playing a wizard, teleported out of his bonds and ended up cutting me out of mine. Another friend decided to shit himself so we didn't want anything to do with him and my character is racist against all other tall creatures (I'm a halfling) especially giants who shit themselves so we bascially kept trying to fuck with him the whole game. Turns out Hocken was a lackey who was addicted to drugs and tried to keep us in the room but then I ended up talking him into giving us back our gear by telling him we would let him go. Instead we ended up tying him up, covering him in shit (using the shit from the shitty giant), and basically dragging him around the dungeon with us while we killed his buddies trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. Then my brother ended up saving the day when we fucked up a perception check and ended up being ambushed by 4 guys. He rocked this fucking crazy ass controllable fireball and ended up taking dudes down left and right. Meanwhile I just kept telling the giant how much I fucking hated him and that he would get his one day. Turns out we were in the hideout of Lord Hype who controlled the underground drug trade and before we ended we were about to raid his grow room to steal all of the Green Dream would could carry. Was pretty fun.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ceej did a pretty good job with the DM duties. We were impressed.

Comment

Your description makes me want to play again.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                You'll buy me dinner before you go in and out of my portals, I'm old fashioned like that.
                I'll buy you dinner, but open your own damn car door.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  I'll buy you dinner, but open your own damn car door.
                  Open it? I just jump through the window. Dukes of Hazzard style.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Your description makes me want to play again.
                    It was pretty fun. Hopefully going to be doing these twice a month. And then recapping them on BDR.

Comment

• YES. Make it happen, Rob, and give yourself a +2, no make that a +4, to your future Saving Throws as a reward, you halfling racist son-of-a-gun!

Comment

• IT's been awhile, but I've been wanting to play more D&D forever now. Ceej is a punk and never invites me to play with his group which sucks, but my buddy Gabe just invited me to his game and I'm excited. Going to start a new session Thanksgiving weekend. Yay.

Comment

• Chazz shall become Chester once again.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• /posted
                            Ceej was blown away by the fact I actually prepared (??) an entire backstory for my dude. Izzim is a Tortus (basically a giant turtle) who was taken from his island by a pirate named Duvet Masthead when he was just a wee turtle and was made to learn how to sail the seas and hold his own in a fight. Another group of pirates then killed Duvet and all of my crewmates and left me to die.

SPoiler alert: I didn't die and instead found myself in a new town taking up side jobs until I ran into Ari and Sam's characters while waiting in line for one of Mable's famous Fish Pies. After that we found out that the city is overrun by different gangs like in The Warriors and one of the smaller gangs (Dock Boyz) were shaking down Mable for protection money. That didn't sit well with us so we went to their hideout to speak to the leader.

The leader was a pompous jackass with a fancy hat so I stole his hat, and told his gang members that "I am the captain now". That started a huge fight that Sam's Warforge character ended pretty quickly with his cannon. After taking out the leader, I told the remaining members that they can either join us or die. They joined us, we renamed ourselves the "Seedy Sailors", took over a bar, and then helped a fisherman from a shakedown.

During that shakedown the fisherman's swoop was boarded by a pirate party but they didn't realize that our crew had a giant turtle on it. I climbed off the edge of our boat and swam across to theirs while they were boarding. Once they were all on our boat, I started shooting them with my longbow while Ari and Sam burst out of the fish hold and we had an epic battle.

During this time the pirate captain realized I was on his boat so he came over to take me down. I didn't want this to happen so I used my trusty whip and attempted to knock him off his feet. That didn't go so well and he attempted to stab me in the chest. Well I'm a goddamn tortle with crazy shell armor and that didn't work. I still had his legs wrapped in my whip so I did what any tortus would do and lept off the boat with whip in hand. He failed his dex check and ended up flying off the boat in to the water and Sam was able to kill him. So we ended our first game with a new gang under my leadership, a new boat under my command, and we can drink for free at the bar since we are protecting them from the other gangs.

It was pretty fun.

Comment

• Woah

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Had a fun session today. Spent most of the session in some sewers looking for the cult of Zantiago. Ari saved us a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X