X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding@Home: Join the PodCaust Army

http://folding.stanford.edu/

If you haven't checked this out or it's been awhile, you really should go to that site and download the software. Since I usually leave my computer on over night to download patches and what not, this also runs in the background. I have it running on my computer and PS3. It's free and maybe we can help!

"What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease?
    Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes. "

You can help by simply running a piece of software.
    Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved

I have started a Team for this awesome project: PodCaust Army

You can find the link here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=112930

If you download the software and want to join the team, just add the 6 digit number in the team preferences: 112930

I hope to see some of you on the team!

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Folding@Home: Join the PodCaust Army

Woo, 3 of these down so far! And come on people. I know half of you are computer nerds like me, so let's put our nerdness to a good cause. I've been running the application in the background on my computer all week, and haven't noticed any slowdown at all. Those of you with a PS3 should also join up!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

too bad this team wasn't started when i got my ps3... i tend to leave it on when i'm playing the 360. just ask ari...

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Damn. You needs to join up with that kind of score! hahah...

I leave my PS3 on all the time when I'm playing the 360. Although I just got it. Nowhere near that score yet.

Comment

i got my ps3 in september, right when sony announced that the 60 gb would be discontinued, and would leave it on 24/7 to run folding@home. but i soon realized that the ps3 is stupidly loud, so i stopped. hahaha.

Comment

PS3 is loud? Mine is whisper fucking quiet. Now my 360 on the other hand sounds like a fucking jet turbine. Stupid 360.

Comment

it's the fan. and bugs the hell out of me when i'm trying to sleep. i can't even sleep when my computers were on.

Comment

Ah....That's why I have my rule of no technology in the bedroom. Except for the Real Dolls hooked up with VR technology like in The Lawnmower Man.

"Would you like some lemonade, Job?"

Comment

real dolls ehh? i think i would be rather afraid of one being near me, period. unless it looked like chi from chobits. hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                  X