No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop holding out on us, Martin. How did you really feel about it?
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      And oh boy, ANOTHER villain we spend almost zero time with that we don't give a shit about. Hey guys, if you're going to spend 3-6 movies with heroes maybe let some villains develop over time so they actually seem like viable bad guys?
      Although Billdozer makes a valid point.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        Although Billdozer makes a valid point.
        I am VERY over the "here's cannon fodder we are going to kill off" because it makes the heroes look so fucking OP that there's zero suspense. They should have killed Rhodes off in this one. Give us SOME stakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          Stop holding out on us, Martin. How did you really feel about it?
          It was ok.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            I am VERY over the "here's cannon fodder we are going to kill off" because it makes the heroes look so fucking OP that there's zero suspense. They should have killed Rhodes off in this one. Give us SOME stakes.
            While I agree with Rhodes, I connected more with Zemo than with every vilain except Loki.

Considering the screentime, that's something.

Comment

• Taking Tim to see Civil War tonight. We'll let you know what we think ASAP.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Loved Civil War. If you have one of those SDX theaters it is SOOOO worth the extra couple of bucks. I can see both Cap and Stark's points of view. It all depends on your perspective on who is "right" imho. Unchecked power is bad for sure but putting politicians in charge of The Hulk and Thor and the like? Yeah I can see that ending badly.

Spider Man was fucking stupendous, all the support staff put in good work. And I love that NONE of the women in this movie were portrayed as being less than the others. I mean Black Widow fucked EVERYONE'S shit up and Scarlett Witch is bad ass too.

No real complaints from me or the wife and kids.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• No complaints from Tim and me, either. We both loved Spidey and I thought Giant Man was awesome. I also appreciated the fact that the bad guy got rid of the more vicious Winter Soldiers.

I, however, didn't understand how the whole Bucky and Cap fight Iron Man thing when the truce first occurred, but understood when the video of Stark's parents killing was made clear.
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• LOVED LOVED LOVED Civil War. LOVED it. I'm still processing it three days later, but yeah...it may be my favorite of the Marvel movies.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      LOVED LOVED LOVED Civil War. LOVED it. I'm still processing it three days later, but yeah...it may be my favorite of the Marvel movies.
                      A rewatch might put it at #2 for me. Guardians was way too special, but Civil War was so fucking good.

Comment

• Yeah, Guardians is still the tops for me.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Jen and I caught Civil War Friday night - yep, the hype was spot on. Great Marvel movie, easily in the upper echelon of their catalog, and a great vehicle to introduce Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.

Panther was coolness personified, and I'm eager to see if Tom Holland can carry a solo flick as Spidey. Dude NAILED the character - had a nice Ditko/Romita old school vibe, wisecracked and motormouthed like a champ. Also, hope there's plenty of Aunt May in that flick - yowza.

Nice to see Cap have feet of clay here, too. Stark's not the only asshole at the table for a change.

Comment

• Is there a post-credits scene on this thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Is there a post-credits scene on this thing?

2 scenes.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up. I don't remember seeing any nerd sites talking about them at release time so I wasn't sure. In for the duration tomorrow, I guess!

Comment

Working...
                                X