No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, we started watching MARCO POLO (Netflix) the other night. We're exactly halfway through it and it's pretty good. The first episode is kinda rough (it's got too many notes in it...too many characters, too many plotlines, and too fast of a pace), but it gets into a groove in episode two and starts to focus on plotlines and resolve them.

The nudity factor is quite high. Good God...there's one gals that is naked for 90% of her screentime (and has a pretty damned good naked kung fu fight in the second episode).

There's a really cool fighting trainer who's blind...he trains Marco Polo and is also an advisor to Khan. He's definitely the standout character, and he even got a Christmas special in advance of Season 2. I'm looking forward to watching that when we finish S1.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I thought that was basically known and was said in the doc? That's the impression we got from it based on the guilty/not guilty verdicts.

This whole thing is a cluster.
      The excused juror hinted that shit was fishy, but he got excused before the determination of guilt took on a barter system similar to what a group would do when deciding on pizza toppings.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I think that same bartering happened during my first trial. It was a fuckin' mess. But, financial crimes are a lot different from, you know, murder.

Comment

• I really wish 11.22.63 was on something other than Hulu.

Comment

• Finished Making a Murderer. What a fucking nightmare for those two.

Started Longmire a couple weeks ago. Started season 3 last night. I like the show but it's not as good as I heard it was. I find it a more interesting when the episodes focus on Native Americans and the reservation. The mystery of his wife is picking up so that's interesting as well. Nice seeing Starbuck though.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• A really interesting post on the dna testing that was done in MaM: http://chadsteele.blogspot.com/2016/...ce-in.html?m=1

Comment

• Yeah, I think the DNA stuff is where I literally started yelling at the TV. The derivation from protocol thing is so patently INSANE I don't know how the judge allowed it to be introduced, never mind why the prosecution wanted it to be used. we know why but I mean a legit investigative team wouldn't have used it.

Comment

• Checked out the first episode of the new season of American Crime. Not bad. Wasn't a huge fan of the first season but I dug this episode. Hopefully it doesnt' shit the bed.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Weird. FXX sent two episodes to screen for Sunny and neither one was the one that aired last night.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• that was a pretty funny episode of Sunny. Frank's flag was great.

"Yeah, I didn't think about it when I made it"
                      "Yeah, I think you did."
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Finished season 3 of Longmire. I liked this season the best so far. Season 4 should be interesting.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• S4 is great. REALLY great. It's the first Netflix produced season, so the episodes don't have the obvious commercial breaks in there, and the swearing is turned up a notch or two. Bit more violent, too.

Comment

• FUCK Sunny is still so fucking funny. There was a point around season 6/7 I was worried, but they've been flawless for three seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                              Finished season 3 of Longmire. I liked this season the best so far. Season 4 should be interesting.
                              My wife and I watched Longmire when it was on On Demand, before Netflix picked it up. We just started S3 last night, and so far I wholeheartedly concur.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• We finished S1 of MARCO POLO. Very good, not great. It takes a few episodes to find a groove, but it's pretty solid after that with some really remarkable moments. It ends very strong, with a solid 'big battle' sequence and a VERY strong martial arts sequence. The setup for S2 is very intriguing as well.

We also watched the HUNDRED EYES one-off that just came out a couple of weeks ago. It's awesome...a half hour origin story for the martial artist monk on the show. It doesn't spoil anything for S1, so give it a shot if you want to get a taste for MARCO POLO without committing to the entire first season. If you like the one off, you'll probably like S1 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X