THE "OMG I AM BUILDING A NEW COMPUTER" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    first three parts have shown up. SSD/Mobo/Chip. Monday I should get my case, powersupply, and ram. Then I have to wait like a week to get my graphics card. Hoping that comes in earlier than later so I can put this fucker together next weekend and see if the show quality is enhanced.
    Man, getting parts in separate shipments is the WORST. I just get pissed off and annoyed. Last time my CPU didn't show up, so I went and bought one and returned the one I ordered online.

Comment

Yeah, usually I'm the same but I'm trying to be patient this go around haha.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, usually I'm the same but I'm trying to be patient this go around haha.
        What the fuck is patient?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          What the fuck is a patient?
          It's what you are once you have nervous breakdown waiting on parts/dealing with Windows.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

because Billy is a bitch (and because I know he was right but I wanted to save money AND I want to keep the HD's I have laying around for a rainy day) I just picked up another 1 TB Hybrid drive for fun because I decided FUCK IT. Time to get serious business.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Wait ago Billy Bitch!!! :-D I'm kind of Jelly though.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Congrats, Rerb, but beware of all that computing power you now possess. REMEMBER FORBIN!

And get out the house when Colossus Hughes starts asking you questions!

Comment

yessss

Comment

Billdozer, any suggestions on a decent computer mouse? I've been rocking a standard 3 button HP mouse for years, looking at getting a decent gaming mouse.

Comment

Razer Death Adder. Best mouse you can buy. My first one took almost 7 years before a button wore out.

Comment

sweet. Thanks man,

Comment

oh man, half of my parts are supposed to show up today. Spent all weekend compltely cleaning/rearranging my computer area.

Shit is gonna be legit as fuck. Have my entire recording area set up now.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Razer Death Adder. Best mouse you can buy. My first one took almost 7 years before a button wore out.
                            I keep seeing conflicting reviews. Mostly centering around the cloud profiles associated with the product. Do you NEED to have the cloud stuff running all the time? If I don't give a shit about configurations will this affect me? I don't want extra software running if possible.

Comment

I keep seeing conflicting reviews. Mostly centering around the cloud profiles associated with the product. Do you NEED to have the cloud stuff running all the time? If I don't give a shit about configurations will this affect me? I don't want extra software running if possible.
                              Never used the cloud shit. I play on one pc, I don't move around so it's of no use to me. I assume you'll be the same. And really, the cloud shit is SO dumb. "Oh man I need my mouse to have the 4th button hotkeyed to X and I can't be bothered to do that when I move my mouse and and...." Crazy people use that shit.

Comment

ok cool, that's what I thought I just wasn't sure if it was needed or not. Looks like I'll grab this today then. Thanks for the advice man.

Comment

Working...
                                X