No announcement yet.

The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UMyoCr2MnpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

don't care. all of the boners.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Didn't care about IV at all, but this? Sign me up.

Comment

Kojima sure can cut a trailer. The open world part intrigues me but I am so SO TURRIBLE at these games.

Comment

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

FIL IS THIS WORTH IT?

I'm a die hard fan but on the fence with grabbing this or Second Son this week and I know you can beat this in 10 mins...

Comment

I'm a die hard MGS fan and I was even on the fence about getting it. I couldn't resist and I hate myself for it. It's an overpriced demo, but a damn good one. I finished the main mission in about 90 minutes, and I thought I went slow. The side ops unlock after the first playthrough. Looks like there are certain requirements for each as they all didn't unlock after my first run. You can totally do that mission in probably 5 to 10 minutes after knowing exactly where to go.

I'd say it's overpriced and wait for it to be cheap unless you are dying for some MGS. I'll get a ton of replay since I want to get all the trophies and I'll try to S rank everything, but I still feel it was $30 too much. Infamous is probably the a better bet if you need a full game.

The controls are different. No more L2 R2 inventory. No radar map. Codec calls were short and made while you play, no pause and codec screen for them. No jump/roll ability which was weird to me, unless I just didn't figure out how to do it. Didn't figure out there was a full run button either till my second run. It's L3 like COD and most fps. I'd hardly use on stealth runs. The download was around 3.7GBs.

Keifer as Snake sounds fine but I still want David Hayter as Snake. Hope you finished Peace Walker, it factors in story wise quite a bit. Didn't find a box, so not sure if there's one in game or not. The game is a little more forgiving in its stealth now with the slow bullet time when spotted. Anything else you want to know? I'll upload a video or 2 from my first run last night in a bit.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

nice write up man. Looks like I'll hold on for a bit.

Did you get the PS1 retro mission thing?

Comment

And I didn't finish Peace Walker Dammit. Looks like I need to pick that back up.

Comment

Haven't tried any of the side ops yet but the MGS1 retro mission wasn't one of the ones that unlocked. I think I read somewhere that it was the last side op that unlocks. If you decide to get Peace Walker again, I'm down to co-op it.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Oh there's a back story option in the menu, didn't read it but I'll check it out. Might be enough if you don't want to play Peace Walker.

Comment

So to unlock the MGS1 mission you need to find the 9 XOF badges. Played it last night, it has you recreating certain scenes from MGS1. Even better is the quiz you take at the end. The unlock method is the same on Xbox, but you get the Raiden mission instead.

Comment

To be honest, the MGS1 stuff is the main reason I want to buy this now. I know they'll release this as a twopack with Phantom when it's out so I figure I can wait.

Comment

Grabbed this for 10 bucks. Love it. Cannot fucking wait until Pain drops. Keifer is odd (good but odd) but overall this was pretty fun. I went about both sneaking around and also just power running at dudes to take em out.

Comment

$10 is the perfect price for this. It should have released at that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X