Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of the Slenderman - HBO doc about those fucked up WI girls that stabbed their best friend so they could be proxies of Slender. It wasn't too bad actually, sometimes it felt all over the place with the message. Whether that be that the internet is to blame, parents, or just society in general but once they hit you with the knowledge that one of the girls was predisposed to have schizophrenia shit started falling into place. Such a fucked up story, highly recommended.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I watched it this weekend as well. The parents are heart breaking.

Comment

• Rise of the Warrior Apes

This shit was fascinating as fuck. All about this massive group of chimps that a group followed for 20 years and what they found was unexpected. this group straight up MURDERED tons of other chimp groups and even some of their own and changed how people thought of apes when they hunt. It wasn't for food, most of the time it was for fun as they were already surrounded by fruits in their particular environment.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Scary

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• it was fucking metal.

It also had the most awkward anthropologist I've ever seen. Lesley and I couldn't stop laughing at this guy. No matter what he was talking about (chimps dying, happy thoughts, watching chimps tear another chimp apart) he was ALWAYS smiling. It had to have been a nervous tick, but goddamn was it hilarious.

Comment

• American Vandal on Netflix is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                American Vandal on Netflix is hilarious.
                I got two episodes in. Need to finish it. Was bummed when they said it's a mockumentary. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of Ken Burns's Vietnam doc. Jesus. I don't know if I can do 20 hours of this.

Comment

Watched the first episode of Ken Burns's Vietnam doc. Jesus. I don't know if I can do 20 hours of this.
                    I want to see it but it's such a time commitment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Watched the first episode of Ken Burns's Vietnam doc. Jesus. I don't know if I can do 20 hours of this.
                      Oh it is really good though. I went through it this weekend in no time at all. It was extremely interesting to listen to all of the personal stories and accounts between all of these people that were thrown into the meat grinder.

JUST DO IT
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-01-2017, 12:34 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want to, but it's draining. I'll space this out as I just can't do 20 hours of horror.

Comment

• I like my passive enrichment to give me some perspective but it ain't everybody's bag, so take a look into the abyss in small doses.

It is a really well made program though.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Is that on Netflix?

Comment

• I've been watching it on PBS. I don't think it's on Netflix.

Comment

• Good ol' Peebs.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X