Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booze.

Easy.

Once all this moving bullshit is out of the way, I want to find a nice, moderately-priced scotch (no more than $60) that I can enjoy a glass of in order to cap off two weeks of irritation, existential angst, semi-heartbreak, and agony. I voluntarily haven't drank for about a year, so I might as well kick it off again with a little style. And, hey, if it's expensive I'm less likely to down the entire thing and end up wearing my pants on my head and screaming at traffic at 3 am.

What are your recommendations? Also, we might as well use this as a catch-all alcohol thread.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Under 60 for something good-to-great in L.A.?

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Well, even though they may be a bit pricier, a Lagavulin or Talisker would probably punch you in the SQUATS.

But there's also Highland Park or Laphroaig. Those are a little less redonkulous in price, and are very good.

(Picking up one of these tomorrow. This query has reignited my need for bottled paint thinner.)
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-16-2010, 09:17 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Fuck it, let's say $80 if I get a bed financed. Otherwise I'll have to wait another week and a half.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Single malt? Macallan, no question.

Blends? Matt will tell you Johnny Walker Green Label, but I prefer The Famous Grouse myself. Not peaty, and around $25 a bottle.

Comment

Johnny Walker is a good choice for scotch.

Comment

The Balvenie Dublewood. Or Cragganmore. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is also great.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Ig speaks truth about the Glenmorangie. A tasty dram indeed...

Comment

I'm glad I pimped the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban so much on the other site. Love it.

But for ONE bottle, the Macallan 12 years old is THE bottle to get. Matt's recommendation, and it's a perfect one. And I also agree with the The Balvenie Doublewood.

Best price/rato there is. Cheaper and still amazing. Love the Lagavulin, and it's as peaty as I'll get. The Talisker is too much for me.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Yeah, I'm passing on the JW. That was my staple way back when, and I'd like to try other scotches.

~

Comment

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                    And, hey, if it's expensive I'm less likely to down the entire thing and end up wearing my pants on my head and screaming at traffic at 3 am.
                    (*Surreptitiously replaces the Glenmorangie in Jake's bottle with Mad Dog 20/20*)
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Oh Mad Dog. How you got us drunk during High School for under 5 bucks.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Jake, you're going through a break up, just buy the Thunderbird and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Jake, you're going through a break up, just buy the Thunderbird and get it over with.
                          Hahaha Thunderbird: The breakup liquor
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Thunderbird? Look at these Rockefellas over here.

*Replaces Thunderbird with King Cobra*
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Get some MacCutcheon...
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X