Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    We're seeing King Arthur later week.
    Can't wait to hear about. Depending upon what you hear/read, they ended up filming the movie 2 or 3 times.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It looks SO FUCKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Promotion with AMC theaters. Should be able to get in.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Who wants Guardians 2 spoilers?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Go for it.

Word is starting to get more mixed.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Go for it.

Word is starting to get more mixed.

Spoiler: I'm keeping an eye on early negative word, as I no longer trust those people. I mean, fuck...REALLY? You hate this. REALLY?!? 

Yondu dies. I really liked him, but he gets a proper send-off and his impact on Starlord makes far more sense.

The gold people (Jason Pollock's girlfriend plays one of them) make sense in the MCU. However, it's going to make introducing Adam Warlock in Vol. 3 (thank you post credit scene) kinda hard.

The diorama of Ego fucking random women in human form was awesome.

Stan Lee is a Watcher apparently. The scene in which he tells the other Watchers about what's happened from Iron Man 1 until now is funny.

Groot is a video game playing teenager by the end of this.

Stallone reforms the original Guardians. This plot seems like it got sliced and diced in editing.

You do see the traditional Ego the Living Planet by the end of the film. Kurt Russell is more just a planetary offshoot meant to lure women to Ego.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• While today's screening was a surprise for me.

Spoiler: Apparently, our Aussie team got busy. 

Comment

•   Spoiler: Discussing film with others and I apparently I missed some shit. 

Stan Lee isn't a Watcher. Just an alien giving the Watchers info in order to get back to Earth.

Ego caused the brain tumor that killed Star Lord's mom.

The Grandmaster and a fuck ton of others are in the end credits dancing to the Guardians music.

The Hasselhoff Disco theme is amazing.

Also, Howard the Duck cameo at the bar near the start of the film. Sounds like they got Seth Green back for the voice.

Even more shit apparently I blanked on: Rosenbaum is Martinex not the Krugarr guy.

Last edited by Anderson; 04-24-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

•   Spoiler: One of the social guys put this together, but this is about the most accurate GOTG 2 plot I've seen. 

GOTG are on Sovereign planet doing a job. They complete it and their payment is a captured Nebula. When they leave the Sovereign discover that rocket stole some batteries which are worth a fortune.
                    Sovereign go after the GOTG while Rocket and Quill fight over the pilot position. They're eventually saved by a random ship which blows up the Sovereign. The GOTG crash on a planet.
                    The ship from before lands, it's Ego and Mantis. Ego reveals himself and they talk overnight. Eventually Peter, Drax and Gamora go back to his home planet (Mantis bonds with Drax).
                    Meanwhile the Sovereign queen hires Yondu and his crew to capture the GOTG and bring back the batteries. Starhawk also shows up and reveals that Yondu broke the Ravager code. They don't take jobs involving children (when Yondu took Star-Lord).
                    The following day Peter and the others arrive on Ego's planet and learn about his history. He's a celestial. As time went on he took form as a brain. Then built a shell around him which became a planet. Then he made a bodily form to explore the universe. Peter learns he has Celestial powers like Ego.
                    Meanwhile the Ravagers show up and attempt to capture Rocket (who is looking after Groot and Nebula). Rocket defeats the Ravagers until Yondu shows up. Yondu shows reluctance to hand the GOTG over to the Sovereign so his crew turns on him. Nebula also frees herself and shoots Yondu and Rocket.
                    Taserface who led the mutiny against Yondu begins killing the Ravagers that sided with Yondu. Rocket, Groot and Yondu are kept prisoner. Nebula takes a ship and leaves. In captivity, Rocket and Yondu bond. Groot and Kraglin (Yondu's 2nd in command) help them escape. They also get a prototype finn for Yondu's head which is taller (looks kinda closer to his older comic one but not as 60's). They head to Ego to rescue Peter and the others. Before his death, Taserface contacts the sovereign fleet.
                    Nebula arrives at Ego's planet and tries to kill Gamora. Revealing that as kids Thanos would have them fight. The loser would have a body part replaced with cybernetics. Nebula always lost. Eventually through fighting they bond and form an uneasy truce. They also discover a graveyard full of bones.
                    Mantis and Drax bond and she starts to tell Drax about Ego's plan before Gamora interrupts and tries to force it out of her.
                    Ego reveals his plan to Peter. Ego has been planting seeds that will terraform various worlds, making them a part of him. But he needs more celestial power in order to complete his plan. Thus he went around impregnating women so they'd be born with his powers. Yondu would then collect them after birth and bring them to Ego. However none of them could harness the power correctly until Peter. The other children were killed (The bones Gamora and Nebula found).
                    Ego uses his power to control Peter as he continues telling his plan/story. When he gets to the part about Peter's mother though, it breaks the connection. Ego deliberatly caused Peter's mother to die.
                    Meanwhile Mantis tells what she knows of Ego's plan to Gamora, Drax and Nebula. Rocket, Yondu, Groot and Kraglin arrive and the Guardians reunite
                    The sovereign fleet shows up to kill/capture the Guardians. Mantis reveals to the team that if they want to defeat Ego they need to destory his core at the center of the planet.
                    They battle with the sovereign fleet while Groot plants a bomb. The guardians escape except for Peter (and Yondu) who fights Ego by becoming a Celestial Pac-Man. The bomb explodes and kills Ego, the planet collapses. Yondu sacrifices himself by giving the last oxygen suit to Peter and taking him as high as possible into space.
                    The Guardians (including Kraglin and Mantis) give Yondu a funeral. The other Ravager factions led by Starhawk among others arrive to pay their respects as Peter reflects on family. The Guardians (including Yondu) are his family now. Kraglin gives Peter a Zune with 300 songs which Yondu was keeping for a special occasion. Peter gives Kraglin the arrow that Yondu used.

Comment

• A Zune? OK, that'll earn a laugh.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I got the Guardians 2 soundtrack.

Holy fucking shit. That Hasselhoff song is amazeball.

Comment

• Soooooo ready for Guardians it's not even funny.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I have that soundtrack as well. The Hoff song is the best/worst thing you'll hear...it's pretty great/awful.

Comment

• Fuck off old man, it's amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Fuck off old man, it's amazing!

It is used well in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X