RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

So, yeah. Rumor has it that Mad Mel is talking with Joel Silver to do 'Lethal Weapon 5' in an effort to save his career.

Yeah.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...-weapon-5.html
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Horse shit on all counts

But didn't I hear that they did Lethal Weapon 4 because Glover needed money?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Best thread title ever?
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN.

As someone who watched the whole saga this last week, trust me when I say as a fan that the series is dead. Riggs is a boring shadow of his former self already and the whole dynamic and formula was beyond played out before the 3rd film ended. Though I have defended it in the past as being passable, LW4 is close to being an abortion. So cringeworthy. How did these films end on a photo montage set to Why Can't We Be Friends?! Riggs used to bang hot South African's and put loaded guns in his own mouth!

Danny Glover is a fucking embarassment in anything he's appeared in since The Royal Tenenbaums. Mel is past it, in my opinion. Pesci, wisely, is mostly retired (again, how Leo Getz went from being a highlight in part 2 to giving me cancer in part 4 is proof positive that this series died over a decade ago). Russo... I haven't seen since Thomas Crown, I don't think. Does she even act anymore? Going by how she matured between LW3 and Crown, she's probably the hottest woman alive by now, to be fair, but still... And Donner can't direct for dick any more. 16 Blocks? 16 Cocks, mate.

This DOES NOT NEED TO HAPPEN. Someone make them stop please.... *commences sobbing*
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Oh, I agree entirely. This would be nothing but a desperate ploy to resurrect Mel's career, nothing more. There's ZERO quality entertainment to be gleaned from this project. ZERO.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Let's hope it's Mel vs Zionist terrorists!
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
              NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN.

As someone who watched the whole saga this last week, trust me when I say as a fan that the series is dead. Riggs is a boring shadow of his former self already and the whole dynamic and formula was beyond played out before the 3rd film ended. Though I have defended it in the past as being passable, LW4 is close to being an abortion. So cringeworthy. How did these films end on a photo montage set to Why Can't We Be Friends?! Riggs used to bang hot South African's and put loaded guns in his own mouth!

This DOES NOT NEED TO HAPPEN.
              My nomination for "Post of the Week" right here. You absolutely hit the nail on the head about this franchise. It reminded me of Kevin Smith's assessment of things in an old SModcast. Essentially, "once Batman gets it together, the book's over." Neutering Riggs into a family man is pure Act 3 Resolution territory, for both film and franchise.

By the way, that 16 Blocks joke was your finest Mancunian moment ever, Ben. Complete with a cheeky wee "mate" at the end and everything. Absolutely brilliant!
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I haven't been disgusted by such film news since I found out there's going to be a Justin Bieber biopic in 3D!

*Retches*

Comment

Link?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

To the Justin Bieber flick? Really? *looks at Rob*
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

On the Bieber movie?

Here

Rob either has the tastes of an 11-year old girl or a 14-year FLAMING gay boy.

Comment

Fuck that I'll do a biopic of my wife's foetus.

Comment

Make it happen, Martin.

I hear you can get tax credits from the Canadian Guvment.

Comment

I get tax credits for EVERYTHING.

Comment

That's right, as a home owner with children you sir are prized and rewarded for your work by the state.

Once again, the man fucks over the single, embittered, apartnment renter.

Comment

Working...
                              X