Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRINKING BUDDIES- Olivia Wilde and the guy from New Girl are really good in this. One of those will they/won't they movies that doesn't go to the usual places. It felt very real in some spots, certainly thanks to the way the actors played the awkward/loaded silences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      And I love ZERO DARK THIRTY. I was absolutely riveted when I saw it in the theater and a recent rewatch on blu ray was just as good.
      Good to hear. I was just about to chime in with how much I loved it in the cinema, but that I need to give it a rewatch. I'm waiting for the blu to drop in price and then I'll pick it up. I've a feeling I'm going to end up preferring it to The Hurt Locker, if only cos it has all the tension but also manages to stick the landing, from my recollection.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• ZDT got really cheap over the past couple of months. Pretty sure I picked it up for around $8 or so before Christmas.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Coming to America might be my favorite comedy. It's right up there with Tombstone on movie I can watch at anytime and make me happy.

Zero Dark Thirty - I just...why the high praise? It was competently made, and Chastain is indeed quite good...but it's at least 45 minutes too long. And that final raid? Ugh. I remember there being a huge discussion about how realistic and tense it was. I hated it. Half of it was pitch black and you can't see ANYTHING, which I understand her reasoning for directing it this way...but it sucks as a viewer.

Perks of Being A Wallflower - Quite liked this. The only thing that bugged me was apparently it took place in 1991 - 1992, but some of the music (which is a huge part of the movie) didn't seem to fit. Like, they freak out over hearing "Heroes" by David Bowie for the first time and then Candlebox playing at a party from an album that didn't come out until 1993. Nitpicky, sure, but for a movie that made such a big display of the music those disconnects stood out.
          My man Billiam bringing the correct on Zero Dark Thirty.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Prisoners AKA Wolverine vs. Paul Dano

Not bad. Jackman shows some range and Dano is suitably creepy. Definitely made me feel uneasy during some scenes. Jake G was pretty great it in as well.

Not as much fun as Ransom (it lacked having a New Kid in the cast) but the ending was decent.
          TOTES. Especially on Jake G. Ransom wins via Wahlbergerization.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Prisoners is on Netflix right? I need to check it out.

Comment

• it better not be. We rented it on demand. haha
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched the first hour of JACK REACHER while I worked out today. I kinda want to just sit here and watch the rest. It's really entertaining and much better than the trailers led me to believe. Unless this shits the bed in the last hour, I would like a whole series based on this character.

Comment

• Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• isn't that the Cruise flick with Herzog?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• JACK REACHER is awesome, and the last hour delivers on the promise of the first hour in a major way.

And yeah, here's hoping we get a shitload more of these Reacher films.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        I might sig this.

Comment

• But remember: Matt hates kids, The Fifth Element, Speed Racer, and Back to the Future II.

Comment

• NEVER FORGET

Comment

• hahaha

Comment

• Reacher was a good, small scale, intelligent action film. I was pleasantly surprised.

Jesus H. Boobs, Rosie Pike.

(He's still wrong about Zorro Derp Farty. What an unnecessary slog.)
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X