No announcement yet.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read any reviews for this game because I knew I would be buying it anyway. Did any dudebro reviewers take issue with the fact that

Spoiler: Chapter 16 
    the story cuts off on a cliffhanger to digress into a "walking simulator" flashback? I freaking loved it. And if you're reading the letters as you go they tell a huge cautionary tale. One I hope Nate remembers and listens to.

Man, this game is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      I haven't read any reviews for this game because I knew I would be buying it anyway. Did any dudebro reviewers take issue with the fact that

Spoiler: Chapter 16 
      the story cuts off on a cliffhanger to digress into a "walking simulator" flashback? I freaking loved it. And if you're reading the letters as you go they tell a huge cautionary tale. One I hope Nate remembers and listens to.

Man, this game is excellent.
        Spoiler: DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU FINISH THE GAME GRAVE! 
      I've only read a couple reviews, all from reasonable reviewers which didn't complain about this, but you haven't reached the part that I've heard idiots take issue with even more than Chapter 16. I suspect you'll probably love it with your thoughts on Chapter 16. I guess this is vague enough not to be a spoiler really, but still, just in case.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Every time I think I'm about done something new pops up and the adventure continues. I'd kind of like to finish this today since Mirrors Edge is released this week. Anyway, I thought my headphones died or there was something wrong with my tv with the cutscene at the end of Chapter 20. Clever.

Comment

Lesley is now going through it again but this time in cel shade mode. The game should have been released in cel shade mode. It's awesome.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
              Spoiler: DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU FINISH THE GAME GRAVE! 
            I've only read a couple reviews, all from reasonable reviewers which didn't complain about this, but you haven't reached the part that I've heard idiots take issue with even more than Chapter 16. I suspect you'll probably love it with your thoughts on Chapter 16. I guess this is vague enough not to be a spoiler really, but still, just in case.
              Spoiler: Game of the Generation 
            Man, if they bitched about the Epilogue those nerds can take a long walk off a short pier. What a fitting, perfect end to the Nathan's story and the series.

I loved this game.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                Spoiler: Game of the Generation 
              Man, if they bitched about the Epilogue those nerds can take a long walk off a short pier. What a fitting, perfect end to the Nathan's story and the series.

I loved this game.
                Spoiler: The Ending 
              The epilogue surprised me. Wasn't expecting it, but man if it wasn't just a great end to the series.

This is what I read about people not liking the ending.

You have some sexist focus testers who were really upset by Nadine beating up Nate, and really upset at the end when it was Nate's daughter. To the point where we had to ask one guy to leave. In his core, it just affected him. He was cursing, "Not you, too, Naughty Dog! Goddammit. I guess I'm done with Uncharted, if you guys ever make another one, with his daughter. This fucking bullshit."

And I was like, Wow, why does that matter?

The rest of the interview with Neil Druckmann. Spoilers if you haven't finished the game
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

That's a good interview. I think some of the changes he made on the recommendation of the lead character designer worked very well and gave an added layer to the story.

Comment

Still not feeling this game yet. The story is so fucking boring BUT I finally just got to the open world/Jeep stuff and now Sully is back so I'm hoping it's more fun than his lame brother who sucks so far.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Without getting into spoilers, the last thing that happens with that Jeep kicks off the marathon of "holy shit, they're going all out with these setpieces" moments. At least, I think so.

Comment

Some of my favorite shit was tooling around just looking for random secrets in the jeep. NAUGHTY DOG GIVE ME AN OFFROAD RACING GAME!

Comment

Team Deathmatch from a couple days ago. Using a new loadout. The other team came back from a big lead and almost won.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQuaDOSrjRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

nice man

Comment

I need to play more MP it that game. It's pretty fun.

Comment

I do alright at this game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bNe1oxlWuhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

like I said on youtube, you're a goddamn beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X