GOTY 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTY 2015

I want to put more time into Tomb Raider before I make a list but what does your year-end list look like? Honestly, I'm not sure if I played more than five or six 2015 games this year.

Honestly, I have been having a real hard time deciding on it. So many good games. And so many games I forgot. 2016 really needs to be the year I sit down and log every game I play, and which I beat. Off the top of my head:

Witcher 3, MGSV, Cities Skylines, Until Dawn, Her Story, Life is Strange, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Darkest Dungeon, Ori and the Blind Forest...and I know there's a ton more. And so many small games I havet yet to play like Downwell, Cibele, Rare Replay (eh guess not small, but got lost in the shuffle).

Comment

Shit, and for some reason I keep forgetting AC: Syndicate, which was great! Shit. And Nuclear Throne. And Rocket League.

TOO MANY GAMES.

Comment

Xenoblade Chronicles X
        Bloodborne
        Splatoon
        Lego Jurassic Park

more when I have time
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I haven't played much, but I'm going with Madden 16.

While it's easy to shit on the games, this installment fixed shit that's been plaguing the series for 20 years.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Shit yeah I can back that up. I mean, what's the qualifying points for this? Is it games that we personally loved/played the most in 2015? If so, in a span of a few weeks I've played DOZENS OF HOURS of Madden and like Troy said, it's finally a good game.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking "which games did you play and enjoy the most". Rocket League is definitely one of those games on my list but I really didn't play as much as I should have. That game is so fun.

Comment

The best games I've *played* this year -

Dying Light - one of the funnest games for me, drop-kicking zombies off roofs and then grappling away to another building NEVER GOT OLD

Rocket League - so simple, SO fun. this game alone was worth the PS+ sub for 2015

Bloodborne - still haven't come close to beating this because it's hard as FUCK, but love everything about it, the combat, design, the whole world. need to play moar but so butthurt

Witcher 3 - another game I loved but still need to finish, got lost in a tide of new games that came out around the same time. so gewd

Rainbow 6 Siege - the game that got me back into online shooters after swearing off the genre since the original Black Ops. punishingly hard online, the first 2 weeks I played my team of friends were about 1-45, now if we bat .500 its an 'off' night and we usually do better. There are few online gaming experiences more rewarding than a dominating round of Siege

Until Dawn - loved the whole concept, the stereotypical horror tropes, the cheesy jump scares.. even if most of the "choices" didn't have a huge impact outside of what characters lived or died it still felt like MY story

*honorary mention for MGSV which I own but haven't had a chance to dive into yet
                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

TREJO WTF GET THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET AND GO PLAY MGSV

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    TREJO WTF GET THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET AND GO PLAY MGSV
                    LOL people at work might question why I suddenly left my desk and disappeared for the rest of.. the year.

I wanted to finish up with Fallout 4 and a couple other "big" games like Witcher 3 before I jump into another game that could potentially rob me of 60+ hours of my life.. but it's gotten increasingly harder to not just fire the damn thing up

Comment

hahahahaha 60+ hours

dude, you're not walking away from MGSV under 100 hours

Comment

These days I'm thrilled if I get like a solid 8-10 hours a week to game, if I'm juggling multiple 100 hours games + all the online team stuff like rainbow 6 and NHL with friends.. I won't finish any of them this generation lol

Tell me it's easy to pick up and play and I don't need to commit 6 hours to each session

Comment

I gave up on MGSV cause I just wasn't feeling it at a certain point. It's a technical marvel but holy shit do I not care about the lackluster way the story is told. FUCK YOU CASSETTE TAPES GIVE ME FULL ON HOUR CUT SCENES

Comment

it's def pick up and play Trejo.

Comment

There are very few missions that last longer than like 30 minutes. Most of them are pretty quick 15-30 minute nuggets, but you're also given the freedom to play how you want. If you want to be ridiculous and stealth 100% you're going to take longer. Or run and gun and finish in 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X