Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    yep. But seriously, as soon as there is footage of Rocket fucking shit up and speaking it's gonna be awesome.
    Or, seeing a damned raccoon in action will completely turn people off on the project. It might be the 'one step too far' for a lot of people.

Just sayin'.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• this is the one marvel movie I actually care about. Preciously because it's so weird. The cast is awesome and Gunn is great.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• They're banking hard on a surprise hit and I fully expect to see one more release date bump the closer we get to August.

However, 50 Shades of Gray is troubled as shit with production date bumps and budget cuts. If that movie leaves the month, then Guardians has a clear point of clean up.

I know that a lot of people don't like talking the economics of the situation, but it's a part of film in general.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It's a hell of a risk, though. I'm hoping it all pans out, but I have a hunch that this will be the one that causes Marvel to step back and go 'ok, we're not doing THAT again'.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            It's a hell of a risk, though. I'm hoping it all pans out, but I have a hunch that this will be the one that causes Marvel to step back and go 'ok, we're not doing THAT again'.

Here's the kicker. It's best shot is hovering around 200 mil. They can get there and slightly above. But, they're investing a lot in exposing Guardians to more kids and preteens. They're going to bank younger in terms of recognition and then count on the weirdness factor to get in the adult demo.

This movie isn't doing Iron Man or Avengers numbers. But, it will do well.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

this is the one marvel movie I actually care about. Preciously because it's so weird. The cast is awesome and Gunn is great.
              I'm with you, but I'm afraid that Matt might be right. When I see that picture of Benecio, I think Will Farrell in Zoolander. GotG has to avoid that kind of shit to succeed. It won't work as camp. Gunn and the boys need to straddle the linr between the serious and the absurd for people to buy it. I'm hoping they can do it.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

so uh, here's Del Toro from his scene in the credits of Thor...

Spoiler: spoilers 

haha wat?
                Gotta respect their balls-out fearlessness.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Gotta respect their balls-out fearlessness.

What kills me is that after seeing the complete scene, the makeup and costume only adds to the BWAHAHAHA factor.

But, he's a one or two movie villain. The Collector is just setup to build to Thanos.

Comment

• This and Jupiter Ascending both run at the risk of being too weird for the mainstream. But I've got a gut feeling the latter will take off.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Del Toro's pretty great in the scene, even if his appearance is bonkers.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Del Toro's pretty great in the scene, even if his appearance is bonkers.
                        Gimme de keys ye ficken cocksicher what de fick

Comment

• still one of my favorite line readings of all time.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Guy hada finga up mi ass-o.
                            What is it Friday already?
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

still one of my favorite line readings of all time.
                              Same. Del Toro made a big splash with that film - consider that he is not a part of the final heist and you realise how little screen time he actually has and how much he does with it.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I remember the making of documentary for that film. Del Toro said that, since his character was essentially 'there to die', he asked if he could really go for it and make the character memorable. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                                X