Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beef quesadillas with corn salsa from Apron.

Good stuff. That salsa was the gooooooods.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• (Semi) Homemade chicken enchiladas. Canned chicken breast from Costco, sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with chili powder, garlic powder, crushed oregano, cumin and cilantro, rolled in flour tortillas with shredded cheddar, generous dollops of habanero salsa and Goya yellow rice, and drizzled with melted cheddar and hot sauce. With sour cream and more rice on the side. Fucking CHOW.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Rotisserie chicken is a great shortcut for a lot of stuff and tastes great to boot.
        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          beef quesadillas with corn salsa from Apron.

Good stuff. That salsa was the gooooooods.
          Salsa was good, but those quesadillas were trash. Going to make my own this weekend to make up for it.

Comment

• They weren't anything special but after adding my own spices and filling they weren't terrible IMO but most of that may have been due to the face that I really fucking loved that salsa.

Had some bullshit veggie thing last night that I wasn't a huge fan of. Oh well. they can't all be winners
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• My issue was the tortilla. Soon as I tossed them in the pan to cook they went to hell. Like, melted and exploded at the same time, so I ended up with some meat mess.

Comment

BDR bourbon chicken with garlic rice. so goddamn good.
                Gimme that recipe.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                  Rotisserie chicken is a great shortcut for a lot of stuff and tastes great to boot.
                  I have this weird, pathological dislike of rotisserie chicken. I feel like it's. . . cheating, somehow. My wife gets them all the time, and I eat them (they taste fine), but I'd never get one of my own volition. And yet, any restaurant prepared foods, totally OK.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I get tmy rotisserie chickens at Costco, around 10am or 3-4pm, when they're out of the oven. I avoid the ones who's been sitting there for 5 hours. It's like eating out a girl who has been marinating in her sweat for the day after hiking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Gimme that recipe.
                      http://braindeadradio.com/2013/07/15...urbon-chicken/

So the one thing we added to that recipe is lightly salted peanuts in the last 10 minutes of cooking.

As for the garlic rice:

3/4 cup white basmati rice
                      3 cloves garlic - minced
                      olive oil

In a small pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the rice, a big pinch of salt and 1 ½ cups of water. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 12 to 14 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and fluff the cooked rice with a fork.

Comment

http://braindeadradio.com/2013/07/15...urbon-chicken/

So the one thing we added to that recipe is lightly salted peanuts in the last 10 minutes of cooking.

As for the garlic rice:

3/4 cup white basmati rice
                        3 cloves garlic - minced
                        olive oil

In a small pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the rice, a big pinch of salt and 1 ½ cups of water. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 12 to 14 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and fluff the cooked rice with a fork.
                        That's the standard rice I do, with garlic added. Noted!

And Rob, your main site blocked at work, so would you kindly copy-paste that recipe please?

Comment

• PREP TIME: 30-35 MINS
                          COOK TIME: 45-50 MINS
                          INGREDIENTS:
                          2.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and whatever else you like to season your chicken with.
                          1 -2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil, veggie oil, etc..)
                          2-3 garlic cloves, crushed (FRESH NOT POWDER)
                          1/2 teaspoon ginger (FRESH NOT POWDER)
                          2 tablespoons ketchup
                          3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
                          1/3 cup light brown sugar
                          1 tablespoon cider vinegar
                          1/2 cup water
                          1/4 cup apple juice
                          1/3 cup soy sauce
                          1-2 tablespoons of corn starch (to thicken sauce if need be)
                          2-3 cups of cooked rice (we start our rice cooker right as the first batch of chicken cooks)
                          STEPS TO MAKE FOOD
                          Heat oil in wok (or large skillet)
                          Cook the chicken in 2-3 batches so it gets nice and browned. Set aside. Wipe down wok.
                          Combine all of the ingredients (except for corn starch) in a bowl and whisk.
                          Add to wok over medium heat to get everything dissolved
                          Add chicken and bring to a boil.
                          Reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins.
                          Enjoy a beer or 2.
                          Add cornstarch in the last few mins if you want a thicker sauce or if yours just isn’t reducing enough (also add one tablespoon of water per tablespoon of cornstarch you add).
                          Serve over rice and drink a beer.
                          NOM NOM NOM NOM

Comment

• thanks a lot!

Comment

• Had some awesome meals this weekend.

spent way too much money on ginger whiskey and sushi on Saturday for lunch and some awesome chicken fettuccine stuff from Blue Apron.

Also had their porketta sammich this weekend. Super tasty.

Brats and corn last night on the grill. Cranberry/apple and habernero/mango brats were damn tasty.

Comment

• I had that fettucine last night. I was an idiot and totally forgot to add the cream. Still good.

Comment

Working...
                                X