No announcement yet.

Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, looks like my desire for inking has manifested itself in the next assignment.

It's supposed to end up as a comic steeped in the horror genre, with inks, entitled "The Stranger," with a splash page to end it.

Not hyping it up or anything (I may end up with a turrible end product), just offering up the possibility it may be a lot of fun to do.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I have come up with the most clichéd fucking scenario ever.

And I don't care.

At least I've come up with a menacing look (or it is to me anyway) for the "stranger" entity (no Hershey rape here). Thankfully I don't have to reveal the last page, as in basic blue line and graphite it looks like absolute nonsense.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RABBLE RABBLE GARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Second one in a row I'm going to redraw whole cloth. Not enough dynamism in more than two panels per page, and that isn't good (I was fucking bored reading it).

Can I do this and ink it all in 24 hours? Only time will tell.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ink it with your wang. Call it your "white period."

Comment

• If that was how it usually worked, I'd be the most prolific man on earth.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Okay, maybe I was too hasty in my assessment of the pencilling I've done.

I can always transform a panel in PS or Manga Studio anyway.

FUCK IT, I'M SKIPPING STEPS ALL OVER THE PLACE
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nevermind that digital horseshit.

Erasing and redrawing and rescanning and reprinting in CMYK was the way to go. The project is late because of this, but I don't care because this was fun no matter how you slice it.

The final page looks like a fucking Iron Maiden cover.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• PICS OR GTFO
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Waiting for my scanner to act like a professional and stop giving me skewed scans.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Be sure to note the name of the comic. See if you can pick out the small, sometimes shitty hints that there is a fourth member of the household.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The lettering is all still a placeholder as my lettering tool has yet to arrive in the mail.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fucking A, I can't see shit in that muck. Sleep dep Russ needs to find a better image host.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• it's hard to read.

that being said I dig the last panel. That shit is great. And creepy.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• When I go in and letter either by hand or by the computarr, it should read fine. That and I need to either upgrade to an image service that can handle files larger than a fucking floppy disk or try to convert it to a lower quality file with a larger dimension.

Glad you liked the moneyshot page.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I really like that last shot. Like a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X