Don't rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell is this all about?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Moltisanti aka Bruce from Observe and Report came up with the idea that Polanski would be sent to the same prison as Charles Manson. A battle royale ensues involving shivs and body armor made of phone books in the vein of Richochet.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
        It just feels like the guy was just arrested, and we're already on round three of the same debate. I don't feel like having it go 20 rounds, and my inability to articulate how I feel about it makes it seem like I'm apologizing or defending the guy's actions, which I'm not at all.
        STOP TAKING UP FOR RAPE, BUD.

Also, yeah, I don't get how people are reading that after you've stated multiple times that you're NOT DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS. Jesus.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Ok so school me quickly, I only sorta know the deal.

So he had sex with a 13 year old right? And then fled the country?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

If this case were a facebook relationship, its status would be "It's complicated."

Yes, he drugged and raped a 13 year old. Polanski plead guilty, although it's pretty clear that he doesn't feel bad about it, even all these years later.

However, the judge who was handling the case was behaving recklessly and illegally; dictating statements to how the case would be prosecuted, asking reporters for advice, bragging about how he was going to send Polanski to jail for the rest of his life. Polanski, who underwent 50 days of psychological evaluation in Chino, got wind of this and fled the country, fearing that the judge would reneg on his original terms of the plea bargain for unfair reasons.

This is all covered in the excellent documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired."

Comment

Ah. And what say the 13 year old?

Comment

She wasn't known for decades, but back when this was last a debate (I'm combining the '09 documentary with his arrest), when he was nominated for Best Director (which he won) for The Pianist and they were trying to let him come back for the Oscars, she revealed herself and basically said that she forgave him and that she'd won a settlement against him. She's also made repeated appeals and requests that it be thrown out/closed, because she's tired of hearing the lurid details of the case run through the press for going on three decades.

And to all the haters, I will kindly direct you to the script for my next film, whose major theme is: "rape is bad, mmkay."
                Last edited by BudLeonard; 09-28-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

I don't get why people would think you advocate rape? This is obviously a fucked up case and it wouldn't be that way if the judge wasn't a douchbag it sounds like. Granted, I'm drunk and know nothing but what I've been told in this thread.

Comment

"Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Yeah! People should just listen to the pixel dog. The world would be a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

I'm so fucking motivated.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

And that's why we love you Pauline.

Comment

I'm starting to think pauline started this thread in hopes of keeping all the rapes for himself. Selfish bastard.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Polanski got raped by our judicial system, so I say it's time to throw the case out.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X