No announcement yet.

BATMENG: HOTHAMWATER KNIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, played a few hours last night. The Batmobile is ok. It was cool at first but so far it's a lot shooting with a few puzzle solving with the Batmobile. After the novelty wears off, I think it's funner to grapnel your way across the city. Feels weird to be shooting stuff as Batman. Game looks good, there's a 3+GB patch on PS4.

There's an option to turn on the toggle for the Batmobile's tank mode, which you guys may prefer. If not, you're holding down L2 to stay in tank mode which I found odd, and I think square was reverse. The toggle option changes tank mode to a press of R1 and L2 becomes reverse.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Good to hear. I'll grab this when the GOTY edition hits.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I don't blame you, especially with all the DLC bullshit. I was originally going to wait as well, but I caved (saving $30 was part of it). I guess I'm allowed a few day one games, as long as they don't sit in my backlog. Did some trophy cleanup and finally played the DLC for Arkham City and Origins a month or 2 ago, so my fingers still know what they're doing, which is nice. Having fun so far, stealthing my way through a room is still my favorite part of this game.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Runs smooth on the PS4?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

No complaints on how it runs so far. I'm wouldn't notice a drop to like 27 frames or anything, but haven't noticed any big slowdown yet. I did play with the patch so not sure if it fixed anything with the framerate but I have no complaints so far.

Comment

Sounds like it runs great on PS4 and Xbox, but PC is fucked. I was going to grab this for PS4 Thursday, then I got a 40% off code for PC...but considering Arkham Origins never had it's game breaking shit fixed on PC I don't think I will get it there with the state it's already in. And god, the Batmobile stuff just looks tedious. I am hoping it's more fun once controlling it but watching the GB QL for it I was not liking what I saw.

Comment

what was broke in Origins? I've been playing on my PC and it runs like a fucking dream.

Comment

There were a bunch of bugs in Origins that would flat break the game and your saves and it was just pure luck if you didn't get hit by them. When they put out DLC a bunch of people asked if they were going to fix the bugs so they could get their saves back, or start a new game without fear of saves corrupting and they basically said "lol buy our dlc and suck it, no more work on the base game"

Comment

sheeeeiiit. Glad I only paid 5 bucks for it then.

Comment

Decided at lunch I would go ahead and start Batman tonight. Bought it and started downloading it from my phone. THE FUTURE.

Comment

then you get to download the 3 gig patch! GAMING IS GREAT!

Comment

It will just download automatically since I bought digital. When I got home it was all done and sitting on stand-by for me.

Comment

The Batmobile is dumb but what is REALLY FUCKING DUMB is the default control scheme. How did anything think that was a good idea? At least you can change it, I guess.

Anyway, this is pretty fun so far outside of being forced to use the car every once in a while. The new Fear takedown thing is neat.

Comment

Yeah, fear takedowns are awesome. And who thought that default was ever OK for the Batmobile?! I am really not liking how you're forced into puzzle solving with the Batmobile. Hopefully it doesn't remain such a ridiculous requirement. I want to play as Batman, not his car, and I feel like I've spent half the time so far in the Batmobile.

Comment

Yeah, reviews seem to be nothing but bitching about the car which kind of sucks. Holding off on this until it's like 20 bucks or on steam sale since I enjoyed these games, but they're not instant buys for me since they're all the same and pretty much interchangeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X