TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough.

Dave Brent it is I suppose. Though I have a dental plan (sorry Ricky).
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

God I love you guys. haha
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Read Maus.

It's raining outside.

This all is a round-about way of saying today is Sad Day.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Picked up From Hell today. Expecting great and horrible things.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

So I was in the bookstore Friday and forgot to pick up Scott Pilgrim. Must remember to actually visit the TPBs section.

Also, had forgotten about the Nathan Lane comparison. So awesome. Seeing how new I was at the time, Russ was so respectful. Sir. LOL.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Haha, The Birdcage, haha.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah...them shits is funny/uncalled for.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

From Hell is insanely dense but immensely fascinating, especially as a historical fiction.

The perspective of Dr. Gull adds a Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer-like voyeurism to his and a whole slew of other backstories about denizens and the locations in and around London.

Very good so far, and the grit in Eddie Campbell's inks perfectly evoke the mood of the book.

Also: picked up Charles Burns' Black Hole book today. I may put From Hell on the back burner to burn through this. Also in black and white, and also very cool inking style.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Still haven't picked up Scott Pilgrim BUT I did pick up volume 1 & 2 (deluxe) of Y The Last Man. Just finished volume 1. Wow. I mean, wow!

I know, I know. Late to the party.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Still haven't picked up Scott Pilgrim BUT I did pick up volume 1 & 2 (deluxe) of Y The Last Man. Just finished volume 1. Wow. I mean, wow!

I know, I know. Late to the party.
                      Keg's still not floated yet.

Great pick, and one you'll definitely get wrapped up in.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

For sure. Y = PURE AWESOMENESS.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Preston View Post
                          Also: picked up Charles Burns' Black Hole book today. I may put From Hell on the back burner to burn through this. Also in black and white, and also very cool inking style.
                          Black Hole was great.

It had the sort of 70's vibe that was going on in Phantasm, with a surrealism permeating the ordinary and mundane to the point where they were indistinguishable on certain pages.

Lots of different ways you can interpret the narrative, and even the literal interpretation on the page is fantastic stuff. Horrifying one panel, and totally relatable the next.

Highly rewarding stuff.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Finally picked up Asterios Polyp and Ennis' Battlefields hardcover.

Cracked open Battlefields yesterday. "The Night Witches" and "Dear Billy" were outstanding stories, just uncompromising looks at what the price the Great War cost to just a handful of people.

Totally buying Mailer's The Naked and the Dead after this is through.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

The third entry in Battlefields, about a British tank squad in Normandy, starts with a fop getting his head blown off and a fucking Geordie corporal taking his spot.

This is gonna kick some fucking ass.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Brubaker & Phillips' Incognito.

Looks to be starting off in much the same vein as Sleeper, which if there is a espionage/noir-fan inside you somewhere, you should pick the hell up. And Criminal too.

The set up of having supervillains under witness protection isn't new, but the setting gives it all new life. And Black Death is creepy as hell.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X