No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before Superman shows up? Like 10 minutes?

Comment

• Over halfway through the movie. He’s in a pre-credits scene (that I really liked) but then you don’t see him again until you’re maybe 60% of the way into the film.

His resurrection scene is, in my opinion, very well done. Cavill sells the hell out of it. Unfortunately, some of the closeups on him have that ‘lose the mustache’ issue which kinda undercut the power of the scene, but it’s a minor quibble. Indeed, the whole mustache thing only hinders a few moments here and there...it doesn’t kill the movie. Affleck is the one who kills the movie.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I really can’t stress enough just how good Cavill is in this. He’s made a Great Leap Forward, kinda like what happened to Harrison Ford in between STAR WARS and EMPIRE. He shows tremendous range here, especially in his resurrection scene. He’s asked to do a lot in that scene and he nails it.

But he’s also great once he joins in on the big battle, showing humor and a lot of vigor. He generates some hearty laughs too, all while in character. Lots of good stuff with Superman here. If you’re a Superman fan, you’ll dig him in this film.

The other standout, for me at least, is Cyborg. The actor playing his is quite good at selling the internal struggle of the character, and he’s given a fairly solid story arc to latch onto. He generates a really solid couple of laughs with Superman in the final battle, too.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• After sleeping on it I still can't stand this movie. It's so fucking bland. Ugh.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Cyborg was terrible Matt. He didn't have an arc, not quite sure what you're talking about. He was a pissed off robot in the beginning and he's less pissed off at the end.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• oh yeah, forgot to mention that Danny Elfman's score is terrible. The old Batman/Superman music was nothing but a distraction. I know a bunch of you hated Hans Zimmer/Junkie XL's score but I really dug it.

Comment

• Can't wait to see all of the inconsistencies while brunch-drunk at the matinee!
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahaha. Brunch-drunk is the best kind of drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Cyborg was terrible Matt. He didn't have an arc, not quite sure what you're talking about. He was a pissed off robot in the beginning and he's less pissed off at the end.

Comment

• they do vary, but honestly what arc are you referencing here? Dude barely had any screentime to have an arc. I totally thought we were going to get more of the body horror/daddy issues stuff that were teased in BvS but all of that was tossed out the window.

ugh. I'm so disappointed in this movie. I WANTED TO LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH.

Comment

• This was such a complete shitshow of inconsistency and rushed finishes.

From the first frame it is obvious it is a hastily cobbled together attempt to shift things into an altogether alien tone from what came before it.

And in trying to shove light into it, the resistance to such drastic change is nothing if not natural and expected from most who see this...thing. Superman was replaced by some sort of fucking HAPPYBOT thing that had a shiteating grin the entire time and it was just so out of place and weird and worst of all UNEARNED.

Gal Gadot shows that she can't fucking act to save her life yet again. Barry "Wally West" Allen would have been alright if he hadn't been saddled with such a paper thin character and Bruce Valanche-tier jokes. Fatman was also ruined by the punch-ups. A jokey Adam West Batman would work in any other world than the one set up beforehand. Here he sticks out like the sorest goddamned thumb that it was actually painful to watch. Strangely, the lamest looking one of them still retained a small hint of what might have been interesting in Cyborg. Being brought back, struggling to master the controls of the machine he inhabited. I liked Ray Fisher. It's a shame he wasn't given a complete character. Same with Aquaman. I assume a lot of what was left out is their character, something sorely needed to differentiate this group of outliers with those built by the Mouse. The result is a poorly paced spectacle with nobody to really invest in.

The inconsistency between the original footage and the reshoots was almost unbelievable to behold.

Much of what transpires has that sheen of the uncanny to its experience that calls attention to itself in the worst possible way.

It doesn't gel well and at times is downright cheap looking. Fucking Aquaman looked like he was on the rooftop with Wiesau, ready to go fuck some girl in the stomach in close ups. Just complete and utter shit smeared all over the place by a fiveheaded cuck.

This is an Alan Smithee film. Not a Zack Snyder one.

Even if it had been darker or out of character for some, I would rather have had consistency of vision in the result. We won't ever get that and it is a shame, because I could see moments here that had potential, but it was doomed from the moment it was being retooled due to personal tragedy.

This movie is F4 tier garbage as it is in its present form.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Kevin Tsujihara needs his ass put in a sling.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Affleck is already gone, there have been rumors Cavill is calling it a day too and after this opening, I expect The Batman to stall.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              This was such a complete shitshow of inconsistency and rushed finishes.

From the first frame it is obvious it is a hastily cobbled together attempt to shift things into an altogether alien tone from what came before it.

And in trying to shove light into it, the resistance to such drastic change is nothing if not natural and expected from most who see this...thing. Superman was replaced by some sort of fucking HAPPYBOT thing that had a shiteating grin the entire time and it was just so out of place and weird and worst of all UNEARNED.

Gal Gadot shows that she can't fucking act to save her life yet again. Barry "Wally West" Allen would have been alright if he hadn't been saddled with such a paper thin character and Bruce Valanche-tier jokes. Fatman was also ruined by the punch-ups. A jokey Adam West Batman would work in any other world than the one set up beforehand. Here he sticks out like the sorest goddamned thumb that it was actually painful to watch. Strangely, the lamest looking one of them still retained a small hint of what might have been interesting in Cyborg. Being brought back, struggling to master the controls of the machine he inhabited. I liked Ray Fisher. It's a shame he wasn't given a complete character. Same with Aquaman. I assume a lot of what was left out is their character, something sorely needed to differentiate this group of outliers with those built by the Mouse. The result is a poorly paced spectacle with nobody to really invest in.

The inconsistency between the original footage and the reshoots was almost unbelievable to behold.

Much of what transpires has that sheen of the uncanny to its experience that calls attention to itself in the worst possible way.

It doesn't gel well and at times is downright cheap looking. Fucking Aquaman looked like he was on the rooftop with Wiesau, ready to go fuck some girl in the stomach in close ups. Just complete and utter shit smeared all over the place by a fiveheaded cuck.

This is an Alan Smithee film. Not a Zack Snyder one.

Even if it had been darker or out of character for some, I would rather have had consistency of vision in the result. We won't ever get that and it is a shame, because I could see moments here that had potential, but it was doomed from the moment it was being retooled due to personal tragedy.

This movie is F4 tier garbage as it is in its present form.
                              Yep. Pretty much all of this. I wish they would have stuck to their guns and released the Snyder version, called it a wrap, and reboot instead of this. Seeing Bats costume in bright light was ridiculous. It was obviously designed to be lit ala Snyder and not in daylight.

Comment

• No idea if this is all legit, but a dude on reddit said these were in the original WB cut that was shown to execs. Based on the shit that was added to the BvS extended, this all smells legit.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                                LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

DELETED: Barry Allen visits the library because he knows that Iris West is there. He tries to talk to her but fumbles and blushes. He mentions that "he might go and see his Dad today". Iris likes his awkwardness but doesn't think he's all that special. We see Barry breaking the window with his finger to kind-of impress Iris (our FIRST look at his powers). When everyone and Iris are surprised at this window breaking, Barry just says "weak glass" and walks out.

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually "talks" to the Box. His mother, Heggra's essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers - finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his younger brother - Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers - "No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother."

DELETED - Cyborg's previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car - causing a fiery crash.

LONGER - The Gordon scene had a little setup that I didn't see in the theatrical version. Gordon dismisses a Junkie and tells him to "get better at life" before another cop comes to him with drawings of Parademons. His conversation with the League also ran longer. First, he asks Wonder Woman "if she's the same woman he keeps seeing reports of in London". Then, he asks Cyborg "how does he eat? Does he even need to?".

DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she "doesn't trust Orm". Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a "nightmare" he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and "that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too."

CHANGED: Superman's resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

DELETED: Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. They part ways because the cops are hot on their trail - deciding to meet up later at "the location they discussed".

DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what's happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that "the voices won't shut up". Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused - his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the "Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me" speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about "embracing who you really are". He tells Clark that "you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad." Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn't strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That's how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

DELETED: Steppenwolf's second conversation with Heggra. Now that he has all three Mother Boxes - her return to this world can begin.

CHANGED: Bruce's conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce's shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says "he deserves to die because of what he's done. He's killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that". Diana tells him that "he's changed now" but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

CHANGED: Bruce's Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won't do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

ALTERNATE ENDING WE WERE SHOWN: Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes while Heggra keeps trying to talk him away. Furious, Steppenwolf grabs him and rips him apart - essentially killing him.

CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman's vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to "meet the Kryptonian".

DELETED: Aquaman meets Mera off the village coast and agrees to come back. Barry steps into the library, Iris smiles at him cutely.

DELETED: Bruce and Barry place Victor's "body" in the Batcave. Bruce comments that "his organic tissue is dead but it may be possible to reignite his mechanical parts". Barry promises to help however he can.

DELETED: Lois introduces Perry White to "Clark Kent a.k.a Superman".

Comment

Working...
                                X