No announcement yet.

Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only three people in line at Best Buy. I almost want to go down just to say "I got one at launch!" but I don't want one. I'd rather get a Classic, honestly. And at that rate I should just hook up my Wii again.

Comment

The gizmodo review further cemented the fact that I don't need this right now. But again. As soon as Mario hits I'm all over it
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        There are only three people in line at Best Buy. I almost want to go down just to say "I got one at launch!" but I don't want one. I'd rather get a Classic, honestly. And at that rate I should just hook up my Wii again.
        The classic really isn't worth it. I got caught up in it, and played it maybe an hour.

Comment

Procured.

Comment

Just played it for a bit here at work. It's neat. But holy fuck are those joy cons tiny in my giant hands.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Billy, the lack of any sort of info from you is lame.

Does your shit work? Are you running into the issues of the left joy con being lame as fuck if you even so much as move your leg in front of it and the dock? Is Zelda worth buying this system for at the moment? INFO MAN, INFO!

Comment

Yes, info! Tell me I can wait for that Zelda game until they refine the machine or something.

I did look at some accessories tonight at Target and, holy shit, the controllers are A, freaking expensive, and B, tiny as hell.

Comment

Zelda runs just fine on the Wii U. yay!

Comment

Hi hello I have been in my cave playing Zelda on my 4k tv sorry for lack of transmissions.

It's dope. I have no idea about the joycons because I bought a pro controller. Honestly I do not see any scenario in the world that I ever use the joycons outside of the portable aspect. They are for tiny babies and seem like exactly zero fun to use. I snapped them into the case thing you're supposed to use and I was like "this is how arthritis happens."

Zelda is really incredible. The praise it's getting it maybe a bit hyperbolic, but it is totally going to be the second best game of the year unless Rockstar delays RDR2. The tiny moments in it are just incredible. Like seeing enemies down the hill and rolling a bomb at them to take them out...then maybe their weapon flies into the fire so they come running at you with a fire weapon...and in the middle of a fight the rain comes so all their weapons are now just branches and they run away from you in fear.

I don't know if it's a paradigm shift like Mario 64 was, because it's really just handling open world tower climbing/exploration in different ways. Fascinating ways, but it's an iteration on those. It's not a whole new experience like a Mario 64 was. But there are things people will be stealing for the next decade.

And the "just take it off and play on the pad" totally works great. The pad works perfect except for the joycons being like 1/2 the size they should be. Just pick it up, and it's on right where you left it. Put it on the dock, and it catches the signal and you're right back in with the pro controller.

Comment

Any scuffs scrapes or scratches from undocking/re-docking it? Been seeing alot of that online along with the thing freezing and dying right out of the box.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I've only taken it out like twice, so nothing so far. I am going to grab the anker screen protector once it's back in stock at Amazon.

Comment

There's not terribly much in the way of multiplayer happening on the Switch. I think the console will really hit its stride once there's an array of online games.

That said, anyone playing Mario Kart? Holler at your boy. I'm also looking forward to jumping into Splatoon.

Comment

I have Mario Kart, but so far it's only getting play with my girlfriend here and there. I am definitely in on Splatoon, but I dunno if I am paying for their online service.

Comment

Hopefully getting a Switch when that new Mario game hits.

Comment

I can't play Mario Kart, it makes me want to murder everything.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X