Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another night of not sure what to do with chicken breasts, soooooooooooo we coated the chicken breasts lightly in honey. In a bowl we seasoned some panko with cayenne, chipotle, cumin, and sage. Dip the honey coated breasts into the panko, baked them for 30 minutes, and they smelled incredible. To cut through the dryness of the panko I whipped together some sour cream and a jalapeno dip. Came out great.

Comment

• Made a stoner variation of our normal tuna sandwiches. Toasted two buns, took buns off of the griddle, put potato chips on the bottom half, topped the chips with tuna, put muenster cheese on top and baked for a few mins to get the cheese melted. Tasted really fucking good,.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Roasted chicken, mashed taters, tortillas, guacamole salsa, corn on the cob from El Pollo Loco.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
          guacamole salsa
          Wait, what? So, guacamole? Or salsa verde?

Comment

• No, it's like salsa verde but somehow guacamole-ish.

See here: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/texmex/sides/avacoda.htm
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
              No, it's like salsa verde but somehow guacamole-ish.

See here: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/texmex/sides/avacoda.htm
              YOU LIE!

ON CETI ALPHA V, THERE WAS LIFE! A FAIR CHANCE!

Comment

• We did make a wonderful variation on my Ropa Vieja last night. Instead of ladling out meat onto rice or tortillas, Lola had the idea to just add the rice directly to the Crock-Pot and let everything soak up.

What we ended up with was a main dish with an almost gumbo-like consistency. The addition of a dried chili pepper also embiggened the flavors in a very cromulent way!

I would definitely make it again like this... but pre-cook the rice first.

Comment

• I've got to make that.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• You need to. Good eats for two days at the least.

Comment

• Chimichurri-style steak w/ black bean corn salad

We didn't actually have this last night,but I'm just now uploading the pics from our meal.

Cooking the steak

black bean corn salad

all together now
                      “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• In a word?

A-may-zing!

Comment

• Some incredible burgers and homemade fries. Going to try our hand at Indian tomorrow, curry chicken.

Comment

• Good god, what I wouldn't give for a cheeseburger and a nice fresh salad right now! Or an omlette and toast! Everything's closed right now because of Irene!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              I've got to make that.
                              You posted pics... but we have not heard the verdict.

Comment

• So, Rob, how did your bacon spam experiment work out? Still breathing? Need me to call an ambulance?

Here's my burgers and homemade fries from last night.

Can't see the onions and avocado there but I promise they are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X