What are your top 20 movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of my choices are superior films. Not a bad one in the bunch. :-D
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      But I am willing to believe there is that rarified group who can sit through Blade Runner all the time and not fall asleep. I am not one of those people as it turns out.
      I'm in love with the idea of Blade Runner, but fuck is that movie BORING for like 75% of it's running time.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm also surprised at how many times Last Crusade shows up on the list.

I still find Raiders to be the most entertaining of the bunch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Curious: What makes Crusade more entertaining than the other flicks?

Comment

It's just something about the pacing, the quest itself (seriously, the Venice sequence always hooks me in to watch the whole damned thing), the score, River Phoenix being a hell of a baby Indy, and the chemistry between Sean Fucking Connery and Harry Fjords was delightful. Also, Ilsa was a great upgrade from Willie, even when she was turning heel and chokeslamming everyone from the top rope.

It never lets up on the old school charm and spectacle, and it was the last time anyone saw Harrison Ford have fun.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-02-2014, 07:34 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

all great points. The Venice set piece is pretty great and it does pain me that River OD'd because you're right, he is amazing as young Indy. But for me Raiders wins because of 3 things: The opening scene, Karen Allen, and Toht.

Comment

Crusade is imminently watchable. I can see why people would say they can watch it more than Raiders. Raiders is 50 year old scotch. Crusaders is a six pack.

Comment

I'd like to throw Super Troopers under the bus and put Zodiac on my list instead.

Because I really can watch that and lose three hours in what feels like seconds. ST is more of a "if drunk, break glass" movie these days. And I don't drink like I used to drink.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I prefer Crusade over Raiders mostly because it, to me, was Indy at his best, going for the ultimate artifact. Having his dad and closest confidant in tow as well gave it a family-feel, and Sean Connery pretty much nailed the whole driving point of the series with his "Junior? Let it go." The Indy films aren't about the prizes at the end - they're all about the quests. It was the quest for the Holy Grail, the lessons learned along the way, the bonds that were made, that was important. Getting the Grail was unimportant by then. That's why I dig this film the most.

Kicking myself for forgetting Young Frankenstein. Shit, anything by Mel Brooks is must watch at my house. Any way I can shoe horn Blazing Saddles or The Producers (both versions) on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I'm in love with the idea of Blade Runner, but fuck is that movie BORING for like 75% of it's running time.
                      Totally disagree. However, it is one of the films I've seen the most times and I saw it when I was very young, so it has a special impact on me whenever I start to see it, like hearing the opening bars of your favourite song.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

1. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
                        2. JEREMIAH JOHNSON
                        3. VANISHING POINT
                        4. CHARADE
                        5. IF...
                        6. THE GODFATHER 1 and 2
                        7. THE THIRD MAN
                        8. ONCE
                        9. RONIN
                        10. BLADE RUNNER
                        11. DIE HARD
                        12. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL
                        13. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
                        14. JACKIE BROWN
                        15. FIVE DEADLY VENOMS
                        16. SHAOLIN MASTER KILLER
                        17. THE REF
                        18. PLAINS TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
                        19. THE STING
                        20. HAROLD AND MAUDE

That's off of the top of my head.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I have never seen Harold and Maude. I really need to sort that out.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Ok, this is mine, for now...

1. The Original Star Wars Trilogy
                            2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
                            3. Robocop
                            4. Dark City
                            5. Casablanca
                            6. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
                            7. The Godfather
                            8. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
                            9. Superman: The Movie
                            10. The Matrix
                            11. The Thing
                            12. Terminator 2
                            13. Predator
                            14. Alien
                            15. Ghostbusters
                            16. Kill Bill: Volume 1
                            17. The Big Lebowski
                            18. Back to the Future
                            19. Die Hard
                            20. The Avengers
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

nice lists you two.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                Totally disagree. However, it is one of the films I've seen the most times and I saw it when I was very young, so it has a special impact on me whenever I start to see it, like hearing the opening bars of your favourite song.
                                I get that reasoning, I use that for many films that people aren't a fan of.

Comment

Working...
                                X