Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You heard it first.

Rerb does not like red heads.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Oh I love the red heads, but Molly Ringwald? Pass. Ally was always hotter.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Now if we were discussing Tiffany vs. Debbie? TIFFANY ALL THE WAY
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I don't even know how you could argue for either one?

Comment

CAuse she's fucking hot. And since they both did Playboy I feel I have the proper information to judge them as hot or not. Tiffany >>>>>>>Debbie

Comment

Okay, moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                It's been 25 years since 'Breakfast Club' came out. Discuss.

I saw it for the first time when I was taking summer school algebra after freshman year. Our teacher was pretty lax and one day he didn't feel like doing anything, so we watched it. Fell in love with it immediately and haven't looked back.
                I've always loved this movie, too, from the minute I saw it. But one of the problems I had with it - well, not with the movie, but with the aftermath - was that one of my friends tried to force himself into BEING the Judd Nelson character. He was really insecure, was the best friend of the cool guy on campus (yeah - this was *college!*), and used to knock himself out to try and be just as cool. He wasn't, but he was our friend and we accepted his non-coolness. So the minute we saw "TBC", that was it - he went out and got a trench coat, black fingerless gloves, and cool guy shades. Walked around for the next YEAR answering everyone with as many of Judd Nelson's lines as he could. By graduation, we wanted to beat him to death.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Ally > Molly
                Oh, hell, no!
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Sorry. Molly Ringwald (and this is coming from someone who is obviously younger than the demo when the movie came out, and pretty much every movie she was in) was never attractive or even likable in my eyes. I "grew" up with those flicks and never dug her. Ally Sheedy was always hotter in my opinion.

Comment

CAuse she's fucking hot. And since they both did Playboy I feel I have the proper information to judge them as hot or not. Tiffany >>>>>>>Debbie
                    *Ihavethoseissues,too!fist* to Rorb.

Re: Ally vs. Molly, I'd have gone for either or, personally. Both of 'em reminded me of gals in college (high school girls were all rocking Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry, or Pat Benatar styles. College was all about the Brat Pack).

TBC was easily in the top three of Hughes' pics. Great ensemble, nailed the vibe teens in my neck of the woods were expressing at the time. I could sympathize most with Anthony Michael Hall's character (no shit, Tim? Really? Yep!), and we had way too many Emilio Estevez' jocks at my school. Good thing most of 'em needed my help to fuckin' graduate. Made a lot of bank off those gorillas.

Comment

Ally > Molly
                      I have to side with Rob on this one. While I never had a problem with the Ringwald, Sheedy to me is just cuter. Just watched 'Short Circuit' the other day, love it!
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

This thread popped up in a search and I thought it was worth reviving to draw attention to Celeste and Jesse Forever. Rashida Jones is outstanding in it and its one of the better, more interesting romcoms to come out of the States in a while, in my opinion.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Sorry. Molly Ringwald (and this is coming from someone who is obviously younger than the demo when the movie came out, and pretty much every movie she was in) was never attractive or even likable in my eyes. I "grew" up with those flicks and never dug her. Ally Sheedy was always hotter in my opinion.
                          And then she went and fucked it up by conforming. The dander art made her hot.

Yeah, this is three plus years behind, but fuck it.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

truth.

Comment

Not Harry/Sally, but "Sleepless in Seattle" stays at the top of my limited romcon list in perpetuity. Unless we're counting Shaun of the Dead since it's a zomromcom. In that case, Sleepless drops to second

Comment

Working...
                              X