This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random links dealing with gaming

Figure this could be a place to post links that deal with gaming instead of starting a new thread for each story. I'll start:

http://www.massively.com/2009/01/21/...m-dynasty-ban/

The player-driven economy of EVE Online is a major draw for gamers interested in virtual finance, although for very different reasons; some players enjoy managing vast funds in the game, others are primarily in it for a shot at a major heist. Sometimes, even those who start out with the best intentions succumb to temptation. Regardless of the motivations one has to build up (or tear down) something in the game, left up to their own devices, some EVE players aren't simply content with the existing game mechanics when it comes to financial instruments. As such, they've established their own banks, IPOs, and other types of investments.

The more reputable banks and funds have built-in safeguards that limit any one employee's access to the deposited ISK, as -- let's face it -- this is EVE and such contingencies are necessary. More than a few players eye that cache of billions of raw ISK, Blueprint Originals, and other assets, and simply want to pull a runner. This has been the case just this week, with the player-run Dynasty Banking, which was apparently taken for billions of ISK by Xabier, the former Dynasty Investments Manager who had access to funds invested by EVE's playerbase.

Massively contacted Xabier today, who stated that the value of assets taken from Dynasty Banking was 86 billion ISK, adding that the total value is now 106.2 billion ISK due to how it was invested.
    Awesome. I love the fact that you can pretty much do anything in that game. I just wish it wasn't so fucking boring in the beginning.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...-Humanity.html

Oh GameStop. I'm just glad the one by my house is pretty decent. But if they pulled this shit here, I'd never shop there again. That's just fucking stupid.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Mirapex:

One of the side effects of Mirapex has been the development of compulsive gambling in people who have not had a problem with gambling before taking the drug. For example, a retired government intelligence worker lost thousands of dollars in slot machines before he discovered that gambling was a Mirapex side effect and stopped taking the drug. A 68-year-old man lost more than $200,000 before his medication was adjusted. A 41-year-old lost more than $5,000 in Internet gambling.
      That's one expensive side effect...
      Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 01-26-2009, 12:16 PM.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

WTF. For reals?

Comment

Yah. I know a person whose father was prescribed it.

Mirapex targets the dopamine receptors in the part of the brain linked to pleasure and reward-seeking behavior.
          That's so insane. Hahaha.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
            Mirapex:

That's expensive side effect...
            Ha. Yeah, we just had an article in one of the sleep journals about that.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5145182/the-secret...ld-of-warcraft

What a fucking tool. I want to punch him in the fucking face.

Comment

Wankers. All of them.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Fucking bag of rotten douche nuggets, if you ask me.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Thankfully I'm off that horseshit game.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

The game isn't bad. It's just the lifestyle that a fraction of its playerbase has that's fucking annoying.

Comment

Which I was beginning to slide in to.

Not cool. And Twatty McNabb had a hot girlfriend. I hate him even more now.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5146248/scene+it-a...winning-movies

New content for Scene-It BOS coming soon.

Comment

Cool. Need to play this more.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

A good day: ME2 confirmed for 2010.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X