Brain Dead Radio Episode 83: Proops, Poops, and Space Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man! Glad to hear!

As for weird sound, anything you can pinpoint?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It all sounded like you guys were recording in a small room, which you were. The reverb of the small room attributed to the change in sound I'm guessing. Did the setup for the mics and the like change since last time?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

And not to be down on Star Wars or anything (just the prequels), how about maybe doing some retrospective discussions on previous SW-branded things (Lucasarts-era games, a "where are they now" section for some of the actors in the films) whenever news crops up on the new film? Might lead to some good fun times.

You sound really excited for this film, so why not extend it to talking about the now-defunct EU?
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          It all sounded like you guys were recording in a small room, which you were. The reverb of the small room attributed to the change in sound I'm guessing. Did the setup for the mics and the like change since last time?
          Yeah, I'm using a room mic now and the setting did change a bit from last time but I think not having a backing track is now going to bring those small issues to the fore front. I also have to scan the track for when it's just Ceej talking because he doesn't project so I tend to raise the levels during that time which can cause the sound to get louder/quieter as it goes along.

Was the sound annoying or anything? Ceej and I constantly bicker about my "IT NEEDS TO SOUND SUPERIOR" and his "FUCK WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE IF IT'S FUNNY"
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            And not to be down on Star Wars or anything (just the prequels), how about maybe doing some retrospective discussions on previous SW-branded things (Lucasarts-era games, a "where are they now" section for some of the actors in the films) whenever news crops up on the new film? Might lead to some good fun times.

You sound really excited for this film, so why not extend it to talking about the now-defunct EU?
            Great ideas and I'm totally down with that. Will make a note and see what we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Yeah, I'm using a room mic now and the setting did change a bit from last time but I think not having a backing track is now going to bring those small issues to the fore front. I also have to scan the track for when it's just Ceej talking because he doesn't project so I tend to raise the levels during that time which can cause the sound to get louder/quieter as it goes along.

Was the sound annoying or anything? Ceej and I constantly bicker about my "IT NEEDS TO SOUND SUPERIOR" and his "FUCK WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE IF IT'S FUNNY"
              Makes sense.

It wasn't annoying really, just a little different. I tended to notice it during some of the banter on Fording.

Next time Ceej says something like that, tell him "who's gonna know it's funny if they can't hear you? Goddamn it Ceejerson you are tearing this family apart."
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                that bad that it takes multiple times to make it through?

Screaming baby, hormonal wife, site duties, watching shit for review, actual work and getting set up for a Google chat event to show dumbass small business owners why they need to get on the Internets.

Lots to do.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

word. I just feeling stressed this morning, that came out wrong. No harm no foul.

Comment

It's good. Ceej seems perky. He must be getting some ass.

If this shit turns into an all Star Wars podcast, I'll help you out when Ceej tunes out.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

You are having way too hard of a time remembering Renny Harlin's name.

Comment

I was and it was right there the whole time.

Comment

Gotta be honest, love you guys but fuck some star wars talk. Just can't.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                          X