No announcement yet.

Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah this year was much better for me. Not sure if it's because the NBA is back on it's game or if it just feels that way because Lebron lost again. :-)
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

The NBA has been "back" since at least 2004 or so. There were incredibly weak drafts from about 1998-2002 and that hurt teams. Some teams still have complete incompetents in charge, but that's every league in every sport in every country across the world. We had some super slow finals in the past decade, and people don't want defense unless it's a worthless huge swat that ends up just giving the ball back to the offense. I think the big difference is that in the last few years we've seen the West open back up some, and have seen some legitimate teams forming in the East for the first time in a decade. If the Magic can ever get it together we would have a monster top 3 over in the East. Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs are all older, so the West is only going to get more exciting.

Comment

Yeah not a huge fan of the swat either for the reason you posted, I'm more impressed with suffocating cover that leads to a steal or intercepted pass. So much more skill involved than just jumping through the damned roof. I just would like to see more ball movement and less "look at me" dribble-a-thons. Granted not every game breaks out into one of those but you have to admit it's more prevalent now than say 15 years ago.

I also wish Houston had a team worth a fuck so I could be interested throughout the whole season.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Houston has had some of the best/most interesting rosters in the league for years, but injuries destroyed us and our title shots. I'm really excited for our season to kick off, and hoping T-Will gets minutes. As for "look at me dribble a thons" that's just not true. Basketball is the ULTIMATE look at me sport. Go back and watch Bob Cousy videos. That motherfucker was a ball hog show boat like no other.

Comment

Yes there have been times where guys have been dribble crazy. HOWEVER AND1 dribble crazy is what I'm talking about. Big difference. Dribbling for the sake of fucking dribbling when guys are open, dribbling till the damn shot clock almost runs out. I'm not talking about guys in the post dribbling and making sweet moves to the basket. Or pick and rolls, or other legitimate offensive sets. Big difference.

Comment

I'm just glad the Eastern Conference finally got their shit together.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Houston has the 2013 NBA all star game, fuck and yes.

Comment

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011...is-paul-trade/

Here's the letter. Holy shit, Gilbert is mad because the Lakers are making a smart trade that gets them a player and saves on luxury tax. And he wants the luxury tax revenue sharing! LOL oh man this guy is a fucking lunatic. Maybe hire a good GM and you would make good trades of your own.

Comment

That's some major league butthurt right there, Jesus, no wonder Lebron took his talents to south beach.

Comment

Working...
                    X