• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I friggin' missed it.

Heard Wilshere was amazing.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

That he was. I strongly suggest catching the whole match at a later date, if you can.

I don't remember what the policy is for spoilers so I'll just play it safe here:

Spoiler: ... 
      Messi couldn't buy a goal. Iniesta and Xavi were quiet by their standards. Fabregas flitted in and out, but Walcott and Wilshere looked great. Van Persie's finish was outstanding, though Valdes really ought to have saved it from there.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I'll definitely be on the hunt for a replay.

Having a Mac, there is no Sopcast. I am a man without a country.

EDIT: Puyol was out too, so I wonder how they handled his absence in the set-pieces (where he and his Dee Snider hair truly thrive)
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-16-2011, 05:18 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

You came over all Martin Landau-Lugosi just then, sir. This can only be a good thing.

To be honest, they didn't seem to miss him that much. It wasn't a particularly aerial game and they had Arsenal penned back into their own half for large spells anyway. Abidal spent most of the game galloping down the flank and causing all kinds of problems. It was a fascinating match.

What about the result in Rome? Sounds like there were a few surprises there, too.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

53Szczesny53 wrote:
            Tweeps what do you think Ashley was aiming for when he took his penalty?

53Szczesny53 wrote:
            Is it a plane? Is it an aeroplane? No, its just ashley throwing chelsea out of the fa cup

53Szczesny53 wrote:
            i meant bird obviously
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KGVV-xutKfY?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

United thump Wigan. Rangers spank St. Johnston. Liverpool, Celtic and Arsenal lose. City draw. Tremendous weekend of sporting results!

And Ireland won in the rugby to boot!

Comment

The injury list tells me the G00ners are going to be slapped around for a while.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-27-2011, 03:14 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I think Barcelona are gonna rip them a new poop shoot in the second leg.

Comment

Camp Nou will be the site of their execution.

Arse has about the same depth in their roster as Barca, but at least they're all healthy.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Indeed.

Van Persie sidelined now, too? Yeah, I can't see Guardiola quaking in his immaculate suit at the sight of Nicklas Bendtner.

Comment

AAAAARRRRGGGGH;SHLJHG
                          KHSFJBKSGNBPSIG589YE6UTHUNLHM!!!!

Comment

Screw this guy.

Panamanian soccer player Luís Moreno, who defends for the Colombian soccer club Deportivo Pereira, has apologized for kicking the stunned owl mascot of rival team Junior Barranquilla after it landed on the pitch and was accidentally struck by the ball. The owl was taken to a local vet, where it was pronounced dead. “My family is very worried about what happened because an entire country is against me,” Moreno is quoted as saying. “I believe what happened is regrettable and I apologized to the entire country.”
                            Moreno initially claimed that he was attempting to shoo the bird away, but later revised his statement, admitting his kick “was a product of tension on the field at the time.”
                            Ramón Jesurun, president of DIMAYOR, said Moreno “should be severely punished for this painful, horrible act of intolerance.” The case is expected to go before a disciplinary committee, and sanctions against Moreno are likely.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bgAp7maNius?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Comment

Saw that last night, and I agree - fuck him. It was an asshole move, and he deserves whatever fines and scorn he gets.

Comment

He'll be lucky if he's still alive before the weekend.

Latin America takes the love of football to almost UK levels of violence.

Comment

Working...
                                X