The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're a complicated bunch.

Incidentally, our mob were humbled 1-2 by Estonia (again) last night in Belfast. With all due respect to them, this is beyond embarrassing. I've been calling for Nigel Worthington, our national manager, to step down for a long time now. And I'm not usually the guy to do that, but this has to end.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• IT'S OVER!

He's no longer our manager. No harm to the man, but I am Dee-Lited at this announcement.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Sunday was a shambles. Fair play to City. They were playing fantasy football at times, even if it was against a very poor United display. And 10 men for most of the second half.

Comment

• City bought their team wholesale. Still, pretty insane how quickly they've gelled together this season.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well, there's been a pretty drawn-out "bedding in" period. There was a lot of pressure on them to deliver on the massive influx of new players last year and they didn't do it as much as some hoped. Same thing the season before that (the whole Robinho hoohah.) Granted, there are a lot of new players again this season, but the squad has been building for a few years now. As good a manager as Child's Play is, he's not pulled off an overnight transformation by any means. As Alan Hansen said on Match of the Day 2, they've not played badly yet. It'll be interesting to see what they're like when they're not stringing lots of silky passing moves together.

In other news, it's been a joy watching Van Persie playing so well these last few games. Boy's in unbelievable form. His chip that hit the post the other week (after he spun like Bergkamp away from the defender and received the pass) would have been a contender for goal of the season.
            Last edited by Bobby Bear; 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              In other news, it's been a joy watching Van Persie playing so well these last few games. Boy's in unbelievable form. His chip that hit the post the other week (after he spun like Bergkamp away from the defender and received the pass) would have been a contender for goal of the season.
              Deer Lord yes. He has been excellent and we're actually starting to develop some chemistry on the field, as had not been the case when we were starting the season off (BLACKBURN!? WHY? OH GOD WHY?).

I hope RVP continues to carry the Gunners.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• He's just a sublime footballer. Would love to see him in a Red shirt. Just like I wanted to see Dennis the Menace, his spiritual father, in a Red shirt. I hoped that was essentially what we were getting when we signed Berbatov, but he's just not been the same player since he left Spurs. Bah.

Comment

• Watching Match of the Day since I was busy all day yesterday.

I am walking on sunshine. WOOAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't get seeing any of the weekend highlights, mate, but I'm happy for you. Arsene, too. I'd rather go toe-to-toe with a great footballing side with a rich history as opposed to a garrison of the least likable mercenaries in the business any day of the week.

Comment

• Dear Bobby,

I´d like to humbly ask your opinion about the whole sudden Channel 5 situation.

Love,

Jan

Comment

• <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccgni8hVXE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccgni8hVXE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Comment

• Like a boss!
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• USA beat 4-time World Cup Champions Italy in a friendly yesterday, breaking a previous 10-game losing streak that dated back to 1934. You da man, Clint.

Comment

• US MNT beat Mexico at the Azteca 1-0 tonight for the first time ever. Inconceivable!

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DlJEt2KU33I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X