No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about as tone deaf as some of his recent interviews about the film have ended up being, where he misses the point of Death Wish being anti-vigilante at its core, so maybe he did?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the use of AC/DC to make this look like a 'fun romp was a bad decision.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        That trailer just seems SUPER tone-deaf considering the state of the country right now. I like a good revenge movie and love Bruce Willis but oof.
        Yeah, this movie is bad news. And Roth fucking sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          I legit laughed out loud when fucking AC/DC started playing. Holy shit, Roth.

Edit: Eli Roth hasn't made anything worthwhile in years. And even his best is still some pretty weak schlock. Many premises are really solid ideas, but they almost immediately falter because he is just too immature and impatient to write a strong narrative.

He's just not a very good director/writer. He needs an adult.
          Cabin Fever was fun. And his character in Basterds was fun. Everything else he has touched is poop.

Comment

• He's the worst part of IB.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not a Roth fan (save for Hostel) but that looked... decent!?
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                He's the worst part of IB.
                his Italian is pretty great though. He's the second best.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• why is this movie bad news? Are we all so afraid that some dickheads are going to watch it and then go on a shootin spree? Oh wait, that happens with or without movies.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• 100% spot on, Rob.

Part of it is the total lack of Charles Bronson, at least to me. Nothing about this screams classic "Death Wish"; if anything, it looks like any other revenge/vigilante flick we've seen before.

I'll likely see it anyway, probably with my brother-in-law, as these kind of films are right up his alley. Then we'll marathon the original films as its a great excuse to revisit them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      why is this movie bad news? Are we all so afraid that some dickheads are going to watch it and then go on a shootin spree? Oh wait, that happens with or without movies.
                      It's tone deaf given the current climate and being directed by someone with all subtlety of a boner in a strip club.

Comment

why is this movie bad news? Are we all so afraid that some dickheads are going to watch it and then go on a shootin spree? Oh wait, that happens with or without movies.
                        1) Roth doesn't get the goddamn material to start.
                        B) It stars a lazy fuck who hasn't given a shit in the last fifteen plus years.
                        3) I'm not worried about culture infesting idiots with idiotic ideas because they'll read it whichever way their biases already lean towards.
                        F) They already did a decent remake years ago with Kevin Bacon called Death Sentence that actually dealt with vigilantism and grief in a more humanistic way than what is on display here. And it was made by the fucking SAW guy, Jimmy Wan (What in the hell?).

I know it is only a trailer, but the names attached and the tone the director has established make it look very generic as well as misguided.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• AC/DC though???? I was with you Rob till that shit hit. DOES NOT COMPUTE
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• bad trailer music is bad trailer music. This is still the first Willis movie I've wanted to see in a long fucking time. Maybe he'll be giving a shit? Wouldn't that be great?

Comment

• I'll netflix it but I think Russ may be right that Kevin Bacon already nailed this one.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

bad trailer music is bad trailer music. This is still the first Willis movie I've wanted to see in a long fucking time. Maybe he'll be giving a shit? Wouldn't that be great?
                                Don't get me wrong, it would be great.

But I am not holding my breath for a miracle.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X