No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what would be a great comic property for Raimi to tackle now? Longshot and Mojoworld.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Haha. You need to become independently wealthy Matt so you can get that off the ground.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Just adapt that Longshot mini series that introduced the character. Even include the cameos by Spiderman, She-Hulk, and Dr. Strange and just GO NUTS.

Just imagine what Raimi could do with Mojoworld.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Yes those characters are all more realistic. They all deal with real world problems (job, family, earning a living). More, their abilities are (more or less) grounded too. You have to remember most of these characters were created in the 40s. Genetic mutation and changes due to radiation? Certainly more real (or at the very least more plausible for the time period).
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Each of those movies you listed deal with real world problems.

X-Men: Homosexuality
            F4: 4times the Homosexuality
            Hulk: Big Homosexuality
            Daredevil: Blind Homosexuality
            And those real world problems make them more identifiable not more realistic as characters.

Originally posted by Howard View Post
            Yes those characters are all more realistic. They all deal with real world problems (job, family, earning a living). More, their abilities are (more or less) grounded too. You have to remember most of these characters were created in the 40s. Genetic mutation and changes due to radiation? Certainly more real (or at the very least more plausible for the time period).
            See above. IE you identify with all the homo in those movies but a guy who is like 7'2" weighs 4000 lbs and is FUCKING GREEN is not realistic.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

This whole conversation makes my head hurt.

The jist?

B is a DC fanboy. Howard is a Marvel fanboy. And I don't give a shit either way.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus McHugecock View Post
                And those real world problems make them more identifiable not more realistic as characters.

See above. IE you identify with all the homo in those movies but a guy who is like 7'2" weighs 4000 lbs and is FUCKING GREEN is not realistic.
                They are more identifiable precisely because they are more realistic. I don't think we'll see eye to eye on this topic though, so I won't continue debating the issue.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Brutus just seems to infer where he shouldn't. IT's not about if The Hulk or Superman is a more "realistic" character. It's the things they deal with that are more realistic. Also, my "Homosexuality" post was a joke minus the X-Men stuff. And that was mostly brought by Singer.

Comment

Howard didn't say their "real world issues" were more realistic, he said the characters were so I didn't infer anything. And I'm not a fanboy of either company. Don't even buy comics and when I did it was not DC or Marvel. Again I just think that the Marvel movies are better not because the characters are inherently more realistic.

But whatev, so long as Thor kicks ass I'm good.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I just want a decent Deadpool movie not starring Clint Eastwood if you catch my drift...NO DEADPOOL SHOULD NOT HAVE SWORDS COME OUT OF HIS WRISTS FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus McHugecock View Post
                        Howard didn't say their "real world issues" were more realistic, he said the characters were so I didn't infer anything. And I'm not a fanboy of either company. Don't even buy comics and when I did it was not DC or Marvel. Again I just think that the Marvel movies are better not because the characters are inherently more realistic.

But whatev, so long as Thor kicks ass I'm good.
                        They were more realistic because they had real world issues but as you said whatev....

Comment

Also I think DC is just lazy. Marvel is hustling to get its shit out there and DC is being a lazy panda. Look at all the gold DC is sitting on.

Superman - seriously how can you fuck this up any worse than it's been done? - Real world issue - immigration reform

Batman - The gold standard with DC characters. - Real World issue - chlamydia

Wonder Woman - Girl power superhero flick? - Real World issue - gay rights

Flash - like superman but with only one power - Real World issue - Performance enhancing drugs

Green Lantern - Pretty cool powers - Real World issue - having the lamest weakness ever, seriously? Yellow is your weakness?

Aquaman - He talks to fish, and they talk back! What's not to love - Real World issue - fashion sense and Hocken-stalkin'

Green Arrow - Rich Dude battles crime but not Batman - Real World issue - not being Batman

Also I'm totally taking the piss as I just don't see any of these characters as the kind that just have to have a movie, Batman and Superman sure. The rest not so much.

I just draw a line at the "my comics movies gotta have teh realizm's." I just want them to be good movies with plenty of action.

Comment

Captain America movie: Yay or nay?
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Well, we're getting Green Lantern soon, so let's get one thing straightened out: If his weakness is yellow, does that mean Nerdious can beat him?
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

DC also has 'Preacher' and 'Sandman'.

Comment

Working...
                                X