PS Vue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Vue

Figured I would collect my experience here.

Still solid. The DVR function for Preacher worked great. Only bummer on the DVR side is that it keeps episodes for 28 days, then removes them. Apparently it's less an actual DVR, and more Sony keeping things "on demand" for you. And it doesn't have the fucking TERRIBLE 5 or 10 second jump back that cable does when you hit play. It plays right where you hit it. I had one weird thing where it lost connection and I had to close the app and re-start it. But that was probably some weird internet bug.

I have been having a BITCH getting it running in my game room though. I fought the last two days with a Chromecast, but the Chromecast will only send YouTube and nothing else. Apparently this is a known issue for years, and a million people have posted a million different weird fixes. I went back and forth with Google support on twitter today, and none of their recommendations worked. Debating grabbing a current gen Chromecast, and seeing if that fixes it.

The other bummer? I decided to hook my PS3 up, download Vue, and use it instead of the Chromecast. Nope. No go. It wants to change your "home location" to the PS3, canceling the ability to access it on your PS4. And apparently you're only supposed to change your home location once in the event of a new address, and after that you have to contact customer service to do it. So that's dumb, especially because I'm back to using my iPad/iPhone or Chromecast to watch stuff in the back...and a lot of stuff is "mobile restricted" so I wouldn't be able to see it. I am worried I will hit that wall when basketball starts. Which means I will be streaming bootleg NBA streams via chromecast (whenever i get it working).

But picture quality and all that? Still great. Better than cable ever was.

What's the current internet speed you're running?
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      The other bummer? I decided to hook my PS3 up, download Vue, and use it instead of the Chromecast. Nope. No go. It wants to change your "home location" to the PS3, canceling the ability to access it on your PS4.
      This sucks that they changed this. A few months ago when I had PS Vue I was able to use both my PS3 and PS4 in different rooms, even at the same time.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        What's the current internet speed you're running?
        In the living room it's slower, due to being on a powerline adapter. It fluctuates between 8mbps and 30mbps. I typically run around 35-40mbps with the new internet provider.

Originally posted by Fil View Post
        This sucks that they changed this. A few months ago when I had PS Vue I was able to use both my PS3 and PS4 in different rooms, even at the same time.
        Yeah, big bummer. It seems to be part of their agreements to get it in more cities, and with local stations.

Comment

so the shit works fine if you just use it on the tv that it's hooked up to then? I don't watch tv in any room except for the living room so if that's good then I'll have to look into this.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            so the shit works fine if you just use it on the tv that it's hooked up to then? I don't watch tv in any room except for the living room so if that's good then I'll have to look into this.
            Yup, works great. And if the stupid Chromecast would work it would probably be fine too. I am tempted to grab a second generation Chromecast today at Best Buy on my way home and see how if it works. But even watching like my stuff on DVR on my iPad is great. So far the only real bummer is the DVR thing only lasting 28 days, because I have a habit of letting a season stack up, then binging over a weekend.

Comment

so you can watch the shit "recorded" via the Vue on your ipad? hmsmss
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yup. All your favorites and recorded shows are available on your iPad. Assuming there's no stupid "mobile restriction" bullshit going on. I am not sure if recorded shows have that same barrier, or if it's just live stuff. So far I only saw Monday Night Raw as restricted.

Also, there's ways to set up favorite TV channels but it wasn't super apparent how I do that. Though, I have no fat on the lowest tier for channels I watch. I'd leave off like Fox News basically.

Comment

will be checking back in on this thread in like a month to see how you dig it. I'm going to cut cable out here soon and go back to the days of watching tv when it hits netflix I think

Comment

My original plan was to grab Hulu for most of my TV watching, but with PS Vue I don't need to. Get the live stuff plus DVR without paying out the ass.

Comment

So anyone with Chromecast experience? I bought a 2nd gen today, and Netflix works perfect on it. But PS Vue still doesn't give a cast icon, and HBO Now sees "nearby device" instead of my actual Chromecast, and when you tap it it just crashes. HBO Go sees my Chromecast and connects, but of course you can't log in with a Now account. Getting super bummed by this, as everyone is saying online how simple hooking up a Chromecast is.

Comment

Vue continues to be great, but I am really hating Chromecast. For some reason HBO Now crashes every time I try to cast it, and PS Vue does not show up at all. I spent a good chunk of my weekend posting on forums, talking to google customer support, and trying a million different things. At this point I really don't know what to think. I think I might replace this one, and see if another does the exact same thing.

Apparently you CAN watching PS Vue on a PS3 and PS4 at the same time..but not on two PS4's or PS3's at the same time. So I am going to try and figure that out now.

Comment

PS Vue Update: Still great. Still cheap. Still haven't figured out why it won't stream to Chromecast. Need to try and work on that again, and figure that shit out. The only bummer I am having is not being able to catch up on my DVR while I am in the game room playing WoW or whatever, but I can use PS Vue to log into most networks sites (namely FX) so I can watch their stuff, Simpsons World, etc.

Still wondering about the NBA season. Debating using a VPN and European account to order league pass and stream it via Chromecast.

Comment

No more Viacom channels on VUE after Friday. MTV, BET, NICK, Comedy Central and others.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Well, Vice, NBA TV, and BBCA are literally the three stations I wanted added...but missing Broad City is some shit. I guess I can bootleg or buy the season on Prime?

Comment

Working...
                              X