No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Samberg is a thing of beauty as is Cena.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      It was fucking hilarious. SO MUCH MALE NUDITY
      Cena swinging that naked guy around on his shoulders had us on the floor.

Also, the Finnish credit card commercial is a thing of absurdist genius.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Best commercial ever.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched the first episode of Snowfall. Interesting so far, I'll probably keep watching.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I really dug the first episode.

"Don't miss."

DUDE HAS GIANT NUTS.

Comment

I really dug the first episode.

"Don't miss."

DUDE HAS GIANT NUTS.
              Yeah, this was a great line.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Ten minutes into The Defiant Ones and I am already in love.
                We watched the first two episodes last night. Great shit.

Comment

• Halfway into GLOW and it is fantastic.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• This whole Twin Peaks: The Return thing.

It's bizarre in ways that harken back to the student film days of Lynch.

At present, a lot of people (bandwagoners) seem to be turned off by the decompressed storytelling and often experimental nature of scenes. But that's been modern Lynch. Mullholland Drive and Inland Empire are definitely at the edges of the frame as far as manner of approach is concerned.

There is a whole lot to enjoy in this so far, but also a large amount of padding in the scenes.

Strangely, this stretching of scenes can sometimes hit the right note during the play of a specific music piece, but sometimes it misses the mark. But does Lynch care? Probably not.

It's a fine injection of certifiably strange television that I look forward to each week. Maybe it's because it is unlike every other thing out there right now that holds much of the appeal, but it is slowly coming around to a more standard narrative with a sprinkle of dream logic.

I don't know where it's going entirely, and for that, I'm quite grateful.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still need to watch the original series. I think we made it half way through before I gave up. It felt too meandering for my tastes but I realize that I'm in the minority here. Lesley still really wants to check it out so I'm assuming we will here soon again at some point.

Comment

• Those first two seasons are far removed in the tone of the third.

They were more spoofs of the soaps of the era but held a subtext that was fully explored in the film. The movie is incredibly strange, dark, and heartbreaking.

But in all of these things, the pacing is always a bit slower than you're probably up for. But your mileage may vary.

When things hit, they hit relatively hard, but the learning curve can be steep when you're not in the headspace to examine the inner workings of an insane man with a fantastic head of hair.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I still need to watch the original series. I think we made it half way through before I gave up. It felt too meandering for my tastes but I realize that I'm in the minority here. Lesley still really wants to check it out so I'm assuming we will here soon again at some point.
                            Halfway is where it goes off the rails. There's a guide out there for what episodes you actually need to watch.

Comment

• Consult yourself.

You really need a guide?

Training wheels should be off so you can endure the ridiculousness everybody else endured before you.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Checked out the first episode of Room 104 on HBO this weekend. It was fun and creepy. i dug it.

Comment

Working...
                                X